Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Paul Wagner, Jul 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Majorgamer21

Majorgamer21 Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Me Everyday LOL

Dom likes this.
  2. Dash Lambda

Dash Lambda Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Ambiguaville
    WCA:
    2016SCHU05
    Dom and Majorgamer21 like this.
  3. Majorgamer21

Majorgamer21 Member

Jan 3, 2017
    just yesterday, a girl asked me if i had ever gotten a match on my block.

(i was solving my 5x5.)

Mastermind2368 and Dom like this.
  4. yogurtcup

yogurtcup Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Whoa, I heard only like, geniuses can figure that out.

There must so much math to learn!

My friend can do that in like, 2 seconds!

Can you solve my RUBIK'S cube? (I'm not even kidding they emphasize the Rubik's)

Dom likes this.
  5. EntireTV

EntireTV Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    WCA:
    2015VUUR01
    YouTube:
    EntireTV
    I was in Trader Joes cubing, and some guy just walks by and says, "Oh the classic Rubik's Cube..."

The way he said it was weird

Dom likes this.
  6. The Four Cube is another name for the DaYan Dino Skewb. Although it is usually called the Dino Skewb, I have seen stores call it a Four Cube.

7. "You traded for that for anothere cube? That's dumb. It's used, so it's not as good as it was out of the box!"
    But they broke it in, so now it is actually better than it was out of the box.
    "But it's not as valuable as it was brand new! Did it come with those stickers? They look so DAMAGED!"
    So? I can resticker it if I want to! That's most likely what they did because this is a weird color scheme.

Dom likes this.
  8. Its great that you want to answer peoples questons, but please note that that post was from 2009. Also that TemurAmir hasn't been on this forum since 2012.
    When replying to people, especially on a thread with hundreds of pages, it is always a good idea to check when the post was made.
    In general, don't reply to things made over two years ago. The person that you are replying to probably won't see your message, and it brings threads to the top of a forum even though the content is heavily outdated.
    In this case, this thread is active, so this isn't thread-necro, but if that had been your only response, it certainly would be.

You are new, so it's perfectly fine if you didn't realize this. However, if you haven't already, read the forum rules, as you can get infraction points/ban time for breaking them.

-
    Keeping this on topic,
    After a play that my younger brother co-starred in, I was haging around and doing OH sexy mindlessly.
    An actor came over and asked how I did it. I scrambled and solved, the actor was amazed. He asked how I did it so well, and that he had tried really hard to solve it.
    I was in acquaintance with the actor and replied teasingly that he was a very good actor and that I didn't understand how he did it.

9. "Why do you have so many of them? How much money have you spent on them?"
    My collection consists of about 20 puzzles and I can't practice every WCA event. I don't own a clock, 7x7, or squan. (I used to have a squan but now I hate squan so I sold it to a guy at a competition.) Also, I have no idea how much money I spend on puzzles because I try to be conservative of money and I don't really keep track.

(When my 6x6 is about to pop) Aaaaaargh... oh no... (frantically putting pieces back into the correct places)
    "Oh yay! I think I scrambled it up too well for you!"

Walking in public with my ShengShou kilominx:
    "Is that, like, an Octo-Cube or something?"

In school with my kilominx:
    (THIS GUY HAS SEEN A MEGAMINX BEFORE) "Whoa! That looks so complex! How do you do that?"
    It's a simpler version of a megaminx.
    "...oh."

"Why do you waste your time on that?"
    I don't reply because the guy walked by and said that on his way to get something, but I'm thinking along the lines of "says the extremely violent and inappropriate video game addict who has been suspended from school multiple times." Well, really not all of that came to mind, but I was thinking "says you," knowing the guy who said it.

10. Sonicastle

Sonicastle Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Last week I showed my Megaminx to some schoolmates.
    After I explained them how to turn it, they replied:
    "Does that mean the centers are fixes?"
    "Yes."
    "Oh, then it's boring."

Dom likes this.
  11. I was with a friend one day. He knows what I average (about 30), and he wanted to know what the world record was. I told him that it was 4.73 and held by Feliks Zemdegs.
    "No way."
    I show him the video.
    "Well, you know what? I think you're just as good; that was just a lucky solve."

Luke8, pipkiksass and Dom like this.
  12. pipkiksass

pipkiksass Member

Jan 1, 2013
    YouTube:
    pipkiksass
    I like your friend... now show him Faz's 6.88 Ao100!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competition Cuber likes this.
  13. Vilknir

Vilknir Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Cincinnati
    The other day a non-cuber at my school asked me if he could record me solving my 3x3 for snapchat. I said I wasn't fast enough to fit in a snapchat video but sure. He said just do the cool thing. I asked what he meant by that and he said, " The thing where you make it all yellow and then move it around without looking most of the time." Apparently, OLL and PLL are called the cool thing.

Dom likes this.
  14. Dom

Dom Member

lol
    from now on "CFOP" will be called the "CFcoolthing method"

Vilknir likes this.
  15. Vilknir

Vilknir Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Wouldn't it be CFCT? Or maybe that's Chris Tran's variation of CFOP

Dom likes this.
  16. Levurmion

Levurmion Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Whoa one minute! You're really fast!

-,- thanks(?) :/

17. "Solve it in 5 sec so I have time to film It for snapchat"...

18. Moises Martinez

Moises Martinez Member

Feb 3, 2017
    "I can only solve one side"
    And
    "I can solve that in like 2 seconds"(does one move solve)
    Also
    "Can u solve it in four seconds?"
    And
    "I can solve it faster than you."

19. ThatCuberKoko

ThatCuberKoko Member

Feb 22, 2017
    WCA:
    2017KOKO01
    Whats the secret?
    Do you just randomly turn that and it's solved?
    I can do that in like, 2 seconds.
    "Pops my cube while imitating my turning speed" I'M SO SORRY ILL GET YOU A NEW ONE OH NO.
    I thought they were impossible!
    Is that a world record or something?
    "Solving pyra" Whoa is that a RUBIK'S TRIANGLE?