• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Commutative Gaussian Elimination and Rubik's Cube

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whee!
http://www.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/Talks/Mathcamp-0907/index.html
http://www.math.toronto.edu/drorbn/Talks/Mathcamp-0907/NCGE.pdf

NCGE.png

Last edited:

MiloD

WTF...WTF.........WTF

btw, really cool and relevant to my interests.

Last edited:

LewisJ

Heh, I was just looking at this two or three days ago. Itai Bar-Natan was at MC10, although I don't recall seeing him with a cube at any point. Perhaps Raku or Devin actually attended the class in 09, we both went in the wrong year...

While the math itself seems somehow logic step by step I have difficulties to see the big picture.
Does this article state more then, it is solvable - plus giving an general program skeleton?

If I'm right each step of the methode solves at least one stricker ==> maximum of 54 steps

But one Sticker can not be solved alone, if there are more stickers an the same cubie ==> maximum of 28 steps

In the result are some numbers does that mean every cube can be solved in 3 steps ?

It would be cool if the lenght of the steps were limited, when measured in turns of the cube.

I feel like the first Step is maybe just 1 turn (EDIT thinking again can even be zero tuns), and each step it gets more ?

Last edited:

keemy

WCA
2006CORR01
Heh, I was just looking at this two or three days ago. Itai Bar-Natan was at MC10, although I don't recall seeing him with a cube at any point. Perhaps Raku or Devin actually attended the class in 09, we both went in the wrong year...

Didn't attend the class but got the handout from his colloquia (which is what the back side is about). I think raku or not-kevin may have gone as it was recommended that you take that before group theory and I think I saw them there.