• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New to speed cubing. Hello.

Thread starter #1
Hello fellow cubers, my name is Jeff and I love to cube.
I am nearing 50 years of age. I started cubing when the cube first came out.
I love the challenge. For many years I forgot about my cube.
Then a few years back I saw a video on speed cubing. I couldn’t believe the speeds of solving the cube.
So I set myself a challenge of breaking the 1 minute barrier. Thankfully I did it. I actually got my pb down to 32 seconds. But then I forgot about my cube again until I saw the 11 x11 cube. And set myself the challenge of solving 6 x 6 to 11 x 11 cubes. And managed them all.
So my new challenge is to get my solve time to below 30 seconds, but I am aiming for below 20 seconds eventually.
I have just ordered a giiker cube.
But I am looking for any help and advice on improving my times.
My main method of solving the 3 x 3 cube is the layer method.
Regarding my user name. I love playing piano, particularly boogie woogie.
So hopefully I can get a lot of help and tips here.
Speak soon.
Jeff.

Tabe

YouTube
CoachTabeCubing
Welcome Jeff.

If you're looking to get your times down to 20 seconds or lower, you will want to investigate more advanced methods. CFOP is the most popular but Roux and ZZ are also popular.

Thread starter #3
thank you, I will have a look at them. I am also looking at a better cube for speed.
I have 2 cubes one seems a bit loose and the other is a little stiff.
any suggestions on a great intermediate cube would be great.

WCA
2015BOSW01
Thread starter #6
I am currently relearning oll & pll algs. And I am starting to look at 2FL. My gan speed cube is awesome, but the main thing is I am really enjoying this cubing thing now. Can’t wait to try my giiker cube when it arrives.