• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New SpeedCuber

RubixKid

WCA
2015ROYC01
Hi everybody I'm a new speedcuber!
So far my Records are: (all AVGs are 3of5)
3x3 Single: 25.43 Avg: 40.52
2x2 Single: 5.50 Avg: 17.00
Pyraminx Single: 6.68 Avg: 16.00
All single times.
Bump Cube: 4:04.00
Megaminx: 8:43.00
4x4x4: 11:00.00

What is the easiest method to get under 20secs on 3x3?
I need G perms, Jperms, and N perms.
All OLL algs please.
I am 10 yrs so I hope one day i'll be as fast as Feliks!

Last edited:

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the forums! The top two methods right now are CFOP (fridrich) or Roux. However, two other notable methods are ZZ and Petrus, both of which are more than capable of being sub 20. The easiest to switch get sub 20 for you at the moment for you would be CFOP, since the beginners method is just a simplified version of it. You do NOT need to worry about full OLL or PLL right now. I average sub 14 and I still don't know all the OLLs.. I was sub 25 before I even started full PLL. Once you DO reach that stage, check out speedsolving wiki for algs. You can go through and try them all to find what's best for you. For 2x2 based on your average, I would tell you to learn Layer by layer. Once you're sub 7 with that, try ortega. Hopefully all this helps!

RubixKid

WCA
2015ROYC01
Thanks For all the help guys!
Looks like the top 2 methods are CFOP (mine right now)
and Roux.
Please tell me which one is easier to get faster at. Thanks!

RubixKid

WCA
2015ROYC01
Are there tournaments here? I would love to be in one!
I live In The same city as Kevin Hays!!!!
I want to be in tournaments because in WA there are hardly any.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since you already use CFOP that's your obvious choice. Both methods are extremely awesome and can fast enough to explode your brain. i.e. 5BLD Roux, 7.00 Average of 100, Feliks Zemdegs, 6.29 Average of 12.. Faz is CFOP, Alex is roux. If you use CFOP, just stick with it.

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks For all the help guys!
Looks like the top 2 methods are CFOP (mine right now)
and Roux.
Please tell me which one is easier to get faster at. Thanks!

They are both equally good candidates for getting sub-20. I guess it just depends on the person. I said CFOP earlier because there's more information about it and easier to grasp. You already know it which means all it takes from now to sub-20 is practice. But certainly you should try your hand at Roux and see how you like it. You may like it better or you may not like it at all... in the end whichever method you prefer is probably the one you should go with since you'll be more motivated to practice using that method. Hope this answer helps!

Nader Cube

WCA
2013YOUS01
Hi everybody I'm a new speedcuber!
So far my Records are: (all AVGs are 3of5)
3x3 Single: 25.43 Avg: 40.52
2x2 Single: 5.50 Avg: 17.00
Pyraminx Single: 6.68 Avg: 16.00
All single times.
Bump Cube: 4:04.00
Megaminx: 8:43.00
4x4x4: 11:00.00

What is the easiest method to get under 20secs on 3x3?
I need G perms, Jperms, and N perms.
All OLL algs please.
I am 10 yrs so I hope one day i'll be as fast as Felix!
Hey, I also started when i was 10 (now im 11)im sub 20 and it did take 8 months for me to accomplish that so as i did i learnt around 4-5 algorithms per week If you want o be as fast as feliks it will take more than a few months im talking years. Also i recommend to learn all pll algorithms first then the rest of the oll algorithms.So basically use cfop thats the best method.

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me, I couldn't really appreciate or understand how to do roux until I was around 25 seconds. It was kind of hard to grasp efficient block building while staying rotationless. If you are thinking about going down the road of roux so early, it might take some extra time thinking about the first two blocks.

Nader Cube

WCA
2013YOUS01
Talking about roux,i dont really understand roux.I tried learning it but i failed as i said cfop is easier to understand and is really quick.As far as my thoughts go i assume that cfop is what feliks uses.