New OAQT Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sa967St, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Sa967St

Sa967St Moderator Staff Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    Since the One Answer Question Thread is often a giant mess, I made some rules for the thread, so there will be less spam from now on and the thread can be used more efficiently. Check out the first post of the OAQT.

Feel free to discuss the post, give suggestions, and ask any questions about it.

Sarah

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    The only problem I have involves this:
    Around 2 new pages are made every day. One week is well over 10 new pages. So, I reckon it should be 2 or 3 days. That way, you don't have to wait a week to re-ask a question that would have no chance of being answered in the first place. Not many people read every post.

3. Sa967St

Sa967St Moderator Staff Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    WCA:
    2007STRO01
    YouTube:
    Sa967St
    I changed it from a week to 3 days. I think you're right about a week being too long, I just don't want people to bump their question every few hours to get it to the newest page.

4. Cheese11

Cheese11 Member

This should go in the forum rules.

5. Specs112

Specs112 Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Ithaca, NY
    WCA:
    2011ANDE03
    Putting it in the forum rules is the surest way to get it ignored.

6. Cheese11

Cheese11 Member

Fair enough. It was just a thought, didn't think anyone would actually do it. Worth a shot though...