Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cobey, Apr 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. cobey

cobey Member

Apr 13, 2012
    hi, all

i've been cubing for a few years, on and off. i started with 3x3x3 and 2x2x2, and eventually 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. my solving method is a mix of beginner and home-brew methods. i'm not that fast though, and i got bored with my solving routine. so i found this site and decided to study intuitive F2L to keep it interesting and maybe improve my solving time.

i came up with some F2L moves that i'd like to contribute. they have fewer turns and might be a bit faster, depending on your style.

cheers,
    cobey

2. antoineccantin

antoineccantin Member

Nov 8, 2010
    near Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2010CANT02
    YouTube:
    antoineccantin
    Welcome to the forum cobey!

3. cubecraze1

cubecraze1 Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    WCA:
    2011OMAH01
    YouTube:
    cubecraze1
    hi :) what do you average and what are your other hobbies other then cubing?

4. cubingawsumness

cubingawsumness Member

Jan 16, 2012
    California
    WCA:
    2012CHIE01
    hello! and welcome to speedsolving.
    glad you came back to cubing. erm... like cubecraze1 said, what do you average, and what else do you like to do?

5. cobey

cobey Member

Apr 13, 2012
    thanks for the welcome,
    i'm not near speedy right now, my average is 1:50 ish. that's using beginner method for 2nd layer and 5-look last layer where i do 1 move for corner permutation, 2 moves for corner orientation and 2 moves for edges. i just started learning Fridrich / intuitive F2L, so i'm not comfortable enough to time myself with it yet. for hobbies, i mostly do music/studio related stuff. i play keyboard, guitar and bass a bit. i'm also into electronics and software coding.

6. Welcome aboard, fellow cuber. I cannot wait to see your innovations, if you ever post them.

7. cobey

cobey Member

Apr 13, 2012
    i came up with new algs for F2L #39 (R U' R' F2 L' U' L U F2) and F2L #15 (R B L U' L' B' R') and just added them to the F2L page. is there a better or more official way to post new algs?

8. balloon6610

balloon6610 Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Welcome to forum :) Although i am also new to this forum :p Anyway enjoy your stay :D

9. mchedlo213

mchedlo213 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Tbilisi,Georgia
    Hello
    Pleased To meet Ya.

10. jonlin

jonlin Member

Jul 22, 2011
    MDVA
    WCA:
    2012LINJ01
    YouTube:
    ForTheLulz
    4 tips from my experience:
    1. Use the search bar.
    2. Don't post a thread unless you're sure it hasn't been discussed before (goes with rule #1).
    3. Use the forum comps to get faster.
    4. NEVER MESS WITH KIRJAVA(Trust me, you don't want to hear about it.)

11. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    5. Never argue with Stefan. You will always lose.