• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Hardware Won't Get You Faster

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
As long as you are using a somewhat modern cube, hardware won't get you faster.... Warning to all newer cubers: you don't have to buy every single new cube on the market because it won't make you faster....

Last edited:

j0k3rj0k3r

People say this all the time about every hobby: fountain pens, guitars, art supplies etc. but at the end of the day some people do just like to collect cubes

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It has happened multiple times to me that I changed from a modern cube to another modern cube and it instantly made me faster.

I think you have a good intention in what you write, but hardware can definitely make a notable difference.

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
It has happened multiple times to me that I changed from a modern cube to another modern cube and it instantly made me faster.

I think you have a good intention in what you write, but hardware can definitely make a notable difference.
yeah what I'm trying to say is switching from a 354 to a gan x is just wasting $60 XD

Waffle Cuber

Maybe it won't help you improve, but if you enjoy the X more and you feel that it justifies the price tag, then I don't see a problem.
I agree. I switched from a Cosmic YLM M and even though the actual difference between the cubes wasn’t that noticeable, I still found it justified because I could afford it and I liked the feel better.