New Cuber

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by MethicSkull, Apr 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Hi there,

I'm new to both the forum and cubing in general. I don't even know how to solve a cube. I do got this cool cube from a friend, I don't know the name of it but it is cool how it got no stickers but it is still colored on each side.

I'm hoping to learn how to solve a cube and do it fast.

I'm a musician and computer nerd.

umm Don't know what else to put

2. Ickenicke

Ickenicke Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Sweden
    YouTube:
    NickeCubing
  3. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    Welcome, if you need to find a guide on how to solve the cube I'd take a look at youtube, google, or the wiki.

4. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Any good videos you recommend? I know how to solve half the cube. Well... 2/3 of it.

ps your avatar. i see that same symbol on my cube in black and also see some chinese markings

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  5. Zaterlord

Zaterlord Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Krokek, Sweden
    Badmephisto has many good cubing videos

6. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    I thought so, your cube is most likely a sticker-less dayan guhong or zhanchi

7. cubelover111

cubelover111 Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Karachi, Pakistan
    YouTube:
    cubelover111
    It is a stickerless Dayan Cube and in my opinion you should learn F2L from the start (if you can) this you wont have to waste your time in transition from LBL to F2L. And also dont fix a side for your cross make it on any side which is the easiest to begin with.

8. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    he did mention something that sounded like chi in the name. Ill ask him tomorrow. ill look up badmephisto now on a different tab

9. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    wat is f2l?

10. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    F2L is one of the advanced methods of solving the rubik's cube. There are many other methods you should look into including Roux, ZZ, ZB, Petrus and many others.
    F2L is by far the most commonly used, but not necessarily the best.

11. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    im looking at badmephisto vid about it now and its soooo confusing o_O

12. Zyrb

Zyrb Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Kansas
    WCA:
    2010BRIG01
    YouTube:
    ZyrbCubing
    I would recommend learning a beginner method first. It will give you a greater understanding of the cube and help in the long run.

13. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    ok. ill look something up about it

14. Reprobate

Reprobate Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    YouTube:
    ReprobateReview
    Welcome! I learned F2L from badmephisto's videos. It can be confusing, but don't rush it. pause and back up if you don't understand a certain point. I was very frustrated for about a day trying to figure it out, but once it clicks it's second nature.

15. MethicSkull

MethicSkull Member

Apr 8, 2012
    gotcha

how come everytime i try to do the alg for cross on top layer that it never makes a cross. just a dot or L

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  16. Reprobate

Reprobate Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    YouTube:
    ReprobateReview
    Is that F R U R' U' F' ?

17. Reprobate

Reprobate Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    YouTube:
    ReprobateReview
    If there's just a dot, that alg should get you 3 squares in an L shape. Put those in the upper left corner, redo the alg, and that should get you a horizontal line. Do the alg one more time, and that should get you a cross. I guess it's better to see pictures, but that's the idea.

18. Vipervenom9

Vipervenom9 Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    YouTube:
    Theunsungone
    Watch Dan Browns Video here... easy to learn beginners method, you can trasition to CFOP (f2l) later.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016