• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New bandaged cube sim!

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This was pretty tricky to make, but I finally made my own bandaged cube sim :) Controls are like qCube; many puzzles will perform better with the "optimized turning style" thing turned on. A few puzzles don't scramble very well (I'll have to write separate code for those, probably) but most of them are really fun to play around with.

http://mzrg.com/js/qcube-v2-bandaged.html
K4Hxp.png

Now, I already have a lot of bandaged cubes here, but here's what I'd like you guys to do: if you have any ideas for cool bandaged cubes that aren't listed, post a brief description or image and I'll put it in (if it's reasonable, of course). I can't think of all the cool ideas by myself! And feel free to turn this into a bandaged cube idea/solution/best times sharing thread.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's wrong with that? It's just a move that's completely blocked, so if you try to do the move it ends up rotating every layer (=the whole cube).

I did notice that if you do ijkg you get a weird one-pixel size difference :x I'll have to try to figure out what's causing that.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
EDIT: Okay, I fixed it. Something was going wrong with the <colgroup> tag I was using, so I ended up just doing the tables differently, and now it seems to work fine on both FF and Chrome. (Of course, IE is failing now. I guess that is to be expected.) That 1-pixel graphics bug is also gone :)

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Massive update! :D The file's about 30KB bigger, lol.

I added about 50 new puzzles, changed and resorted some of the puzzle names, significantly improved the speed of normal turns and scrambles, and created some new scramblers so all the current puzzles can be scrambled acceptably.