• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 2015 WCA Regulations (Effective July 1, 2015)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
oops =) and keyhole 4 sure
Scramble: L2 D R2 B2 D2 L2 D2 U' F2 L D2 F U R' D' F D2 F' D' U'
Solution: z2 B2 D' F D R' F R U2 R U' R2 U2 R L' U L
y' z2 R' D R U' F D F' U' R' D2 R U2 R' D' R D' F D2 F' D' R' F U R' D2 R
z2 y R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'
y' R U R' U' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F
64 Move solution Keyhole (there is one but this is not it) oops again hate FMC
Non-beginners LBL with the same scramble:
Scramble: L2 D R2 B2 D2 L2 D2 U' F2 L D2 F U R' D' F D2 F' D' U'
1L: F2 B2 U B2 R U' F' L U2 R' F2 L2 F2 L F2
2L: U2 R' L F2 B U' B' R L' D B D' L2 D' L' D' L' D' L D L D
3L: F' D2 B D B' D F D2 F L F' D2 B R' B R B2
= 54 moves :p

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I'm really curious, how many of you already tried using stickerless cubes in competitions? What was the delegate reaction when they've seen you trying to use stikerless puzzle?

Saw a few people using stickerless cubes at Perth Winter. Tim was perfectly fine and didn't say anything about it.

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
Thanks, but there's no need to fix it.
What I mean is that if the WCA had banned pillowed cubes for 7x7 as they did for every other event, they would have pushed virtually everyone into buying ShengShou, thus creating a monopoly because it was the only flat 7x7 at the time (that I know of).
Now that MoYu is about to release the AoFu GT (that's how they call it officially), there's an actual *choice* when looking for cubic 7x7 puzzles so pillowed 7x7 could theoretically be banned for consistency reasons...

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Thanks, but there's no need to fix it.
What I mean is that if the WCA had banned pillowed cubes for 7x7 as they did for every other event, they would have pushed virtually everyone into buying ShengShou, thus creating a monopoly because it was the only flat 7x7 at the time (that I know of).
Now that MoYu is about to release the AoFu GT (that's how they call it officially), there's an actual *choice* when looking for cubic 7x7 puzzles so pillowed 7x7 could theoretically be banned for consistency reasons...

I don't think it would be very fair though. Iirc Lin Chen used a VCube 7 to set the 7x7 WR last year. There was also that German guy who got a 2:50 single with a pillowed aofu. Most people use cubic 7x7s, but not all.

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
I don't think it would be very fair though. Iirc Lin Chen used a VCube 7 to set the 7x7 WR last year. There was also that German guy who got a 2:50 single with a pillowed aofu. Most people use cubic 7x7s, but not all.
Yep, fairness is definitely a point to consider. That's why I was / still am asking on this thread :D

Lucas Wesche

WCA
2012WESC01

Yeah I agree, I use a pillowed aofu too and used a VCube before. I think the rules don't need to change just because there are now two cubic 7x7

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why would there be any point banning pillowed 7x7s? I have a pillowed Aofu and I think it's fine, and by banning pillowed cubes all that would accomplish is making people like me have to buy yet another cube. And 7x7s certainly aren't cheap.

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
Why would there be any point banning pillowed 7x7s? I have a pillowed Aofu and I think it's fine, and by banning pillowed cubes all that would accomplish is making people like me have to buy yet another cube. And 7x7s certainly aren't cheap.
I definitely agree to this argument, and I'd like to clarify that my original post was just a question out of curiosity, not an implied suggestion to ban pillowed 7x7s.
Allowing other pillowed NxNxNs would also be a possibility to make the regulations more uniform, though I know that general uniformity in each and every point of the regs is kind of utopic to aim for.

Arkwell

Good idea! Why don't we also have white cubes in a different competition than black cubes or even Zhanchis in a different competing to Aolongs? A brilliant solution!

Because if you look all over the SS Forum, the talk for years has been about stickerless not being allowed because of a perceived 'lookahead' advantage. I'm not saying put all 3x3s but stickerless cubes are not the standard different color cubes.

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
Because if you look all over the SS Forum, the talk for years has been about stickerless not being allowed because of a perceived 'lookahead' advantage. I'm not saying put all 3x3s but stickerless cubes are not the standard different color cubes.

Berd was being sarcastic about the previous suggestion