need some help with the dayan mf8 4X4

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by TheWitcher, Mar 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. TheWitcher

TheWitcher Premium Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Israel
    Hi guys, just got my dayan mf8 4X4 from speedcubing store and I have some questions (I tried to search them before):

How should I apply the lubix on this cube? what is the best way to lubricate it?
    what else do I need to do in order to make my cube better? (I heard about something that called "Break in", what does that mean?)

Sorry if those questions were asked before, I couldn't find them in the search.

2. Sahid Velji

Sahid Velji Member

Jul 5, 2009
    WCA:
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube:
    sv00013
    It should be pretty tight out of the box. I don't like taking apart my puzzles so I just applied my lube by spraying in the holes that are created between the pieces. You just have to play around with it a lot for it to become nice.

3. LeighzerCuber

LeighzerCuber Member

Mar 30, 2011
    MN, USA
    YouTube:
    LeighzerCuber
    Take it ALL the way apart. Until you get to that pseudo 3x3 in the center. Then move one of those and fit lube in. Then loosen the 3 screws of the pseudo 3x3 just a little (45-180 degrees). Work around the lube a little bit in the pseudo 3x3. Put lube on the ball core itself. Then full reassemble it. And fit lube where it’s needed and work it in. Solve it a lot and break it in (This is working the plastic and making it faster, smoother, etc.) Then enjoy your Dayan mf8 4x4. I recommend putting lubix in the very internals to get the best speed, but once should be enough. I hate taking apart and reassembling puzzles although 4x4's aren't that bad. I guess it depends how anal you are about how well lubricated your puzzle is.

Edit: My 100th post! Yay!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  4. Kirjava

Kirjava Colourful

Mar 26, 2006
    WCA:
    2006BARL01
    YouTube:
    snkenjoi
    Lubix in the core and maru everywhere else seemed to work well for me.