• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Mirror Cube Discussion and Help

Thom S.

Is it possible they're placed correctly but flipped...? That is a possible state...
He doesn't state anything about orientation. It's an Opposite swap on the top layer so he most probably switched two identical pieces in the F2L

parsa419

In theory this is not possible. It is very possible that you didn't actually buy a real mirror cube, but instead an inequal cube in which this is possible as there are identical pieces
Well i have solved it 1 or 2 times using the standard way but now im just stuck on that level, i wish i could have took a picture

parsa419

He doesn't state anything about orientation. It's an Opposite swap on the top layer so he most probably switched two identical pieces in the F2L
Well i said that the O - O - O Is a view of the last layer. So your basically looking from the top. The rest is solved.
Q - O - Q
O - O - O

parsa419

In theory this is not possible. It is very possible that you didn't actually buy a real mirror cube, but instead an inequal cube in which this is possible as there are identical pieces
Wait so inequal cubes are cubes and are there turtorials for it or by inequal you mean its broken.

Thom S.

Well i said that the O - O - O Is a view of the last layer. So your basically looking from the top. The rest is solved.
Q - O - Q
O - O - O

I know exactly how you meant it, read my message

Wait so inequal cubes are cubes and are there turtorials for it or by inequal you mean its broken.

No. On a real Mirror cube every piece is unique. On a inequal cube there are identical/identical looking pieces.

parsa419

I know exactly how you meant it, read my message

No. On a real Mirror cube every piece is unique. On a inequal cube there are identical/identical looking pieces.
So should I go look for tutorials on how to solve a identical cube?

caters

I have all but 1 piece in the middle layer solved. But I seem to have run into some kind of parity for a lack of a better term. The only side that my last middle layer piece is flush with is 180 degrees away from where it needs to go. I’ve tried using the middle layer algorithm as though it’s flush, which in my case would be this:

U, R, U’, R’, U’, F’, U, F

To get the middle layer edge into the right side where it needs to go. Problem is, it doesn’t orient correctly. And I tried to do it with the middle layer piece horizontal but that didn’t work either.

I solved it perfectly last night and no pieces have popped out, so what’s going on here and how can I get the middle layer piece where it belongs?

jz2ml5D.jpg

Middle layer piece flush with an already solved side

oWrFJZA.jpg

Where the middle layer piece is supposed to be, 180 degrees from where it is flush.

NFUM1dK.jpg

Mirror Cube First Layer solved

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have all but 1 piece in the middle layer solved. But I seem to have run into some kind of parity for a lack of a better term. The only side that my last middle layer piece is flush with is 180 degrees away from where it needs to go. I’ve tried using the middle layer algorithm as though it’s flush, which in my case would be this:

U, R, U’, R’, U’, F’, U, F

To get the middle layer edge into the right side where it needs to go. Problem is, it doesn’t orient correctly. And I tried to do it with the middle layer piece horizontal but that didn’t work either.

I solved it perfectly last night and no pieces have popped out, so what’s going on here and how can I get the middle layer piece where it belongs?

jz2ml5D.jpg

Middle layer piece flush with an already solved side

oWrFJZA.jpg

Where the middle layer piece is supposed to be, 180 degrees from where it is flush.

NFUM1dK.jpg

Mirror Cube First Layer solved

So the First Layer and the Middle Layer are already solved? If so, then you need to solve the last layer like normal. There's a last layer piece that's "flush" with the Middle Layer because when solved, it will be flush with the rest of the cube

Also @Kit Clement do you want to rant about how this isn't parity or shall I?