need help with fixing an old Alexander's Star puzzle

Discussion in 'Puzzle Building, Modding, & Designing' started by Nuu, Dec 17, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Nuu

Nuu Member

Dec 15, 2016
    I found this alexander's star at a thrift store for about 1$, when i try to turn it, the pieces get caught on each other and it overall has bad turning quality. i have a video showing some turns:

I've tried lubing it (with silicone spray cus i don't have any lube) and it didnt help at all, i tried sanding the peices just a small bit and it helped a little but the peices still get caught each other, if i can get some ideas on how to make this puzzle turn better it would make my day! thanks.

2. Tony Fisher

Tony Fisher Member

Dec 6, 2009
    UK
    YouTube:
    kaixevandstanley
    The poor turning is because of it's shape. Some shapes will never result in a good puzzle regardless of lube or sanding. The puzzle requires perfect alignment yet our hands and fingers are unable to apply pressure evenly where needed.

Nuu likes this.