• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need help making 5x5 barrel

rezill

Hi everyone,

After watching CrazyBadCuber and JRcuber's barrel mods, I'm inspired to do my own 5x5 mod. However, before I invest in a Dremel, I was wondering if I can borrow someone's and maybe get some pointers/tips? If I really like doing mods, then I'll purchase my own Dremel :)

For now, I will get my own 5x5 shengshou, sandpaper, and Apoxie sculpt. I have some leftover stickers. Am I missing anything?

I live in Vancouver, Canada and it'll be great to meet other cubers in the area! I know CrazyBadCuber lives closeby, but since he disabled comments and any form of communication, it's tough getting a hold of him... If anyone has a way to contact him, that would be great!

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jennifer

mangocuber

you kind of need a dremel or belt sander. If you know how to get to a woodshop thy would probably have a belt sander which you can use

sellingseals

I talk to him on Skype all the time. His Skype name is crazybadcuber. I know he doesn't talk to a lot of people on there though and remains invisible all the time so he doesn't get so many people talking to him at once. That's all I can help sorry.

D

Deleted member 19792

CBC is on Skype and oovoo.

Maybe invest in a cheap dremel (I got mine for 20 USD)

Brad Madu

I'm in Langley. If that is not too far for you, feel free to come by and use my shop. I have a decent collection of tools for working on plastic tidbits. Write me at brad@madu(dot)ca

You can also get my number off that website if you want to call/text. It sounds like you still class yourself as more of a learner than a teacher, but I am sure you could help me anyway... it takes me several minutes to solve a cube.

Hi everyone,

After watching CrazyBadCuber and JRcuber's barrel mods, I'm inspired to do my own 5x5 mod. However, before I invest in a Dremel, I was wondering if I can borrow someone's and maybe get some pointers/tips? If I really like doing mods, then I'll purchase my own Dremel :)

For now, I will get my own 5x5 shengshou, sandpaper, and Apoxie sculpt. I have some leftover stickers. Am I missing anything?

I live in Vancouver, Canada and it'll be great to meet other cubers in the area! I know CrazyBadCuber lives closeby, but since he disabled comments and any form of communication, it's tough getting a hold of him... If anyone has a way to contact him, that would be great!

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jennifer

FingaTrix

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jennifer

For now you could get a really cheap Dremel or ask freinds and family, as for CBC doesn't he communicate on facebook with fans or maybe you could find his email address

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you are not totally confident I would advise getting two 5x5x5s. It takes the pressure off messing up and allows you to make a few errors. As for the Dremel I would also suggest getting a cheap one, preferably wired. Don't work it too hard though. If it's getting hot or you are making it slow down through pressing hard then ease up a bit. They don't last for long so you have to treat them well.
BTW, do not even think of using a belt sander.