• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

National Capital Region 2016 (May 21-22)

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The National Capital Region 2016 (~Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) competition has been announced! It will be an epic two day competition with lots of events, and likely the last one we're organizing. Come compete and or help out to finish this series with a bang, we'd love to have you!

http://www.canadiancubing.com/Event/NCR2016

Events:
  • 2x2x2
  • 3x3x3
  • 3x3x3 Blindfolded
  • 3x3x3 One-Handed
  • 4x4x4
  • 5x5x5
  • 6x6x6
  • 7x7x7
  • Pyraminx
  • Megaminx
  • Skewb
  • 3x3x3 - With Feet
  • 4x4x4 Blindfolded

Last edited:

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The National Capital Region 2016 (~Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) competition has been announced! It will be an epic two day competition with lots of events, and likely the last one we're organizing. Come compete and or help out to finish this series with a bang, we'd love to have you!

http://www.canadiancubing.com/Event/NCR2016

Events:
  • 2x2x2
  • 3x3x3
  • 3x3x3 Blindfolded
  • 3x3x3 One-Handed
  • 4x4x4
  • 5x5x5
  • 6x6x6
  • 7x7x7
  • Pyraminx
  • Megaminx
  • Skewb
  • 3x3x3 - With Feet
  • 4x4x4 Blindfolded
eh I ain't canadian but why is this the last comp you're organising?

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
Well, it's my last year in high school, and it's my school's club which is organizing it. I might help organize more competitions un the future, but not at the same venue with the club.

The truth is Antoine knows that I'm close to beating all his PBs so he's leaving town. I got him scurred!

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, it's my last year in high school, and it's my school's club which is organizing it. I might help organize more competitions un the future, but not at the same venue with the club.

There are quite a few guys at my school who cube and are interested in started a club so maybe next year my school can be the venue :)

The truth is Antoine knows that I'm close to beating all his PBs so he's leaving town. I got him scurred!

I feel that this is very accurate.

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
There has been like 5 competitions in Ontario lately, but I was not able to come an any of the competitions because of schedule reasons. I wish there would be competitions in Ottawa during the summer break, because that is the only time I am available.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking to organize a comp in the future. I can possibly help host the comp at your school should that work out. Where in Ottawa is your school?

Awesome! Since NCR is in May and I'll be starting the club in the next school year, it will take a while to get things together (projected early 2017). My school is Colonel By and it's in gloucester (so east of downtown).

Edit: @qwertycuber there should be a Toronto comp in the summer if this year is following the patterns of previous years.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
There has been like 5 competitions in Ontario lately, but I was not able to come an any of the competitions because of schedule reasons. I wish there would be competitions in Ottawa during the summer break, because that is the only time I am available.

Awesome! Since NCR is in May and I'll be starting the club in the next school year, it will take a while to get things together (projected early 2017). My school is Colonel By and it's in gloucester.

I'd like to possibly organize something somewhere this year. Possibly summer or fall. In ottawa

I was 5 minutes away from there yesterday. Wrote a test at a building on shefford. Lol

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome! Since NCR is in May and I'll be starting the club in the next school year, it will take a while to get things together (projected early 2017). My school is Colonel By and it's in gloucester (so east of downtown).

Edit: @qwertycuber there should be a Toronto comp in the summer if this year is following the patterns of previous years.
Cool. You go to Colonel By? Is it for the IB program? a lot of my friends are going there, but I'm going to west carleton next year, since I am in grade 8, but I might apply for Colonel By for grade 10.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like to possibly organize something somewhere this year. Possibly summer or fall. In ottawa
I was 5 minutes away from there yesterday. Wrote a test at a building on shefford. Lol

I would be available to help out for that, but I think one comp a year in Ottawa is as many as Dave is willing to do.

Cool. You go to Colonel By? Is it for the IB program? a lot of my friends are going there, but I'm going to west carleton next year, since I am in grade 8, but I might apply for Colonel By for grade 10.

Yeah, I'm in IB. That's cool, I've heard west carleton is pretty good. I wouldn't recommend switching to IB after doing grade 9 in non-IB. Most of the grade 10 courses aren't much harder than normal academic, but math is a big difference. Grade 9 IB math covers the grade 9 and grade 10 Ontario academic curriculum, so you will have to take grade 10 math in the summer in order to catch up. I'm in grade 10 so in math we're doing grade 11 curriculum which is basically the functions course, or MCR3UE. Then in grade 11, IB math is grade 12 advanced functions (MHF4U), and in grade 12 IB math is calculus and vectors (MCV4U) and plus some first year university content. So yeah, if you really want to switch to IB, go for it. But be warned: you'll have to take grade 10 math next summer and IB is A LOT OF WORK.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
I would be available to help out for that, but I think one comp a year in Ottawa is as many as Dave is willing to do.

I was talking to Dave and he mentioned he'd like to see a fall comp in Ottawa.

So maybe you could ask the powers that be at your school if they would let us host a comp. We should keep in contact. I'm also putting out feelers for possible venues in Ottawa.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was talking to Dave and he mentioned he'd like to see a fall comp in Ottawa.

So maybe you could ask the powers that be at your school if they would let us host a comp. We should keep in contact. I'm also putting out feelers for possible venues in Ottawa.

Oh ok that's awesome. I'll get to work on the club in september as soon as school starts, then I'll immediately start planning and asking around school about a competition in november maybe. Ok, add me on skype. (either KianMansour or [email protected])

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

Yeah, I'm in IB. That's cool, I've heard west carleton is pretty good. I wouldn't recommend switching to IB after doing grade 9 in non-IB. Most of the grade 10 courses aren't much harder than normal academic, but math is a big difference. Grade 9 IB math covers the grade 9 and grade 10 Ontario academic curriculum, so you will have to take grade 10 math in the summer in order to catch up. I'm in grade 10 so in math we're doing grade 11 curriculum which is basically the functions course, or MCR3UE. Then in grade 11, IB math is grade 12 advanced functions (MHF4U), and in grade 12 IB math is calculus and vectors (MCV4U) and plus some first year university content. So yeah, if you really want to switch to IB, go for it. But be warned: you'll have to take grade 10 math next summer and IB is A LOT OF WORK.

Well, I am in grade 8, and I have been studying grade 9 and 10 math, because in my opinion, Ontario curriculum takes it too easy.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I am in grade 8, and I have been studying grade 9 and 10 math, because in my opinion, Ontario curriculum takes it too easy.
If you like math and are good at it then go for it! Yeah, it is quite easy.
im doing oh at ncr so i have something to do.. I avg like 1:30 - 2:00, lol
Haha see you there! Can't wait for your video! The one for the cube meet was really good.