• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Nahm Seung-hyuk: 9.67 slow-turning 3x3 avg of 5

coldsun0630

YouTube
Visit Channel

(10.41) 10.33 9.29 9.38 (8.55)

I guess his slow-turning TPS is faster than Feliks.

P.S. His slow-turning PB is 7.04 (39 moves)

Last edited by a moderator:

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
By that logic, a solve with 10 tps, but no pauses, is slow turning. Imo, slow turning is having an average tps under a certain value, say 4.5 turns per second.

Hmm. So what is the goal of slow turning? Imo it is to practice having no pauses in normal solves, to practice look ahead. There will be a point where you can't really turn faster but don't have pauses either. The the goal is to be more efficient. And i guess that point is reached by feliks and that guy in the op.

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
By that logic, a solve with 10 tps, but no pauses, is slow turning. Imo, slow turning is having an average tps under a certain value, say 4.5 turns per second.

Hmm. So what is the goal of slow turning? Imo it is to practice having no pauses in normal solves, to practice look ahead. There will be a point where you can't really turn faster but don't have pauses either. The the goal is to be more efficient. And i guess that point is reached by feliks and that guy in the op.

Jbacboy

WCA
2014CHRI04
YouTube
Visit Channel

But then where is the line between 'slow turning' and fast turning with little to no pauses?

Last edited:

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
But then where is the line between 'slow turning' and fast turning with little to no pauses?

i think it's more of a comfort thing. like, you may be able to get one pauseless solve at top speed but that doesn't mean you could do it consistently. maybe you could describe it more like a speed where you can comfortably and consistently turn without pausing?

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Slow turning is probably good for eliminating pauses up till a certain level. However, I'm pretty sure Feliks and Seung-Hyuk Nahm are just doing this to show people that you can be sub-10 without spamming tps.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
I don't even understand how you guys can see anything he does during the solve. I see a bunch of colours flying around until he's done! I need reconstructions to go over and see what was done and where.