My Complete Guide For OLL (Free To Download)

Discussion in 'How-to's, Guides, etc.' started by F1Z2L3, Dec 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    My Complete Guide For OLL & PLL (Free To Download)

I used Microsoft Excel 2003. I don't know if there are official names for the OLL cases, but I've created some fun and useful ones which are helpful for team blindfold solving! Pictures are from Bob Burton's OLL page and Badmephisto's PLL page. If you find any errors, have any suggestions, or are confused about notation just reply.

Update dates are posted below

UPDATE:
    Date: Can't remember lol

Just added the PLL page. Two look cases are highlighted in blue. You will need to select the "sheet two" tab at the bottom of the screen. The print settings are also set. Just click print and it will print the guide perfectly fine. Make sure to use the scroll bar near the bottom of the screen. If you need to edit, add, or make changes to algorithms to suite your preferences, feel free to do so. The red algorithms are for speed.

Date: 1/5/09
    Fixed Set up algorithm for OLL case # 11

Date: 1/6/09
    Most of these are very minor errors like missing apostraphies
    -Font for OLL cases 1 and 2 have been corrected
    -Alternate solution for case # 3 has been corrected
    -Converted OLL case # 6 for speed [old algorithm is still listed]
    -New Faster Solution for OLL case # 9 [Not that much faster and old algorithm is still listed]
    -Second alternate solution for OLL case # 10 has been corrected
    -OLL case # 12 has been corrected
    -Setup algorithm for case # 28 has been corrected
    -OLL case # 29 has been converted for speed [Changed " R' (R' " to " R2 "]
    -Set up algorithm for case # 33 has been corrected
    -Set up algorithm for case # 36 has been corrected
    -OLL case # 39 has been converted for speed [Changed " R') (R' " to " R2 "]
    -Set up algorithm for case # 48 has been corrected
    -OLL case # 49 has been converted for speed [Changed " l L' " to " M "]
    -Speedy Algorithm added to case # 56 [old algorithm is still listed]
    -PLL case # 2 has been corrected
    -Notes on PLL page are now green
    All cases including alternate and set up algorithms have been checked and are correct

Date: 1/11/09
    -New name for OLL case # 13
    -New name for OLL case # 14
    -OLL case # 14: switched recommended algorithm with alternate algorithm, turned diagram, and updated set up
    -Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 37 [Right Hand Friendly]
    -Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 33 [Right Hand Friendly]
    -Turned diagram, new algorithm added, and updated set up for OLL case # 49 [Right Hand Friendly]
    All new changes have been checked and are correct

Date: 12/22/09
    -Corrected column titles for OLL page 2
    -Added new solution, turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 45
    -Added new solution, turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 5 (Recommend learning one of the first two solutions and the third)
    -Turned diagram, switched recommended algorithm, and updated set up for OLL case # 6
    -Changed set up for OLL case # 8 (Old Set Up Still Works)
    -Changed set up for OLL case # 10 (Old Set Up Still Works)
    -Changed set up for OLL case # 40 (Old Set Up Still Works)
    -Alternate algorithm for OLL case # 40 {(R U R' U' R') (R' F R F') (R U2 R')} did not work and was replaced
    -Simplified set up for OLL case # 41 (Old Set Up Still Works)
    -Changed set up for OLL case # 46 (Old Set Up Still Works)
    Set up algorithms have been corrected so that if the recommended solution is used, a permutation will not follow.

Date: 12/22/09
    Final Version
    I should've posted this months ago. But this is MY final version of this guide.
    Graphic interface could be improved but this is Excel and I'm content with it. Whats important for me is that the information is organized, easy to read and understand, and presented cleanly. If you want to make some cosmetic changes, by all means do so. This guide was designed to be personalized by the cuber. You have the freedom to change anything in this guide. This is what makes this guide very appealing especially to new cubers who are learning the last layer of the Fridrich method. This file is a compilation of MY notes and efficient algorithms I've come across and discovered on my own for about a year while studying OLL and PLL. I hope my guide helps you develop your own unique style of cubing or atleast your own techniqes or tricks for solving the last layer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

That is a commendable product, assuming the algs are accurate. :)
    If you want it to even easier to use, I suggest trying to make a well-formatted, compact PDF.

3. panyan

panyan Member

Dec 16, 2008
    London, England
    i converted it for use. it is the creation of the guy in the first post, i just converted it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. Thanks for this complet guide:)
    With this I am going to learn all the OLL's :)
    Thanks again!

5. Escher

Escher Babby

Jul 23, 2008
    WCA:
    2008KINN01
    YouTube:
    RowanKinneavy
    its not massively related, but i think i have a good other alg for case 50 (and 53, if you dont mind mirrors)

- (y) (RUR'U) (RU'R'U) (RU'R'U') (R'FRF')

its always nice to know another alg for a different angle (even if it is only a U' to get the other alg :p)

6. cookingfat

cookingfat Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Sheffield - UK
    WCA:
    2009HARP01
    YouTube:
    cookingfat1
    This is really great, thanks to the OP. I've been looking for something like this for a while that gives you the alg to solve and also the alg to perform on a solved cube.

I'll print this when I get home. Thanks a lot.

7. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    I'm thinking about making a PLLs page. Let me know if you guys think I should.

8. PCwizCube

PCwizCube Premium Member

May 9, 2008
    YouTube:
    pcwizcube
    If you made a mistake in your post you can edit your post. The edit button is on the bottom right hand corner of your post.

9. PCwizCube

PCwizCube Premium Member

May 9, 2008
    YouTube:
    pcwizcube
    Your welcome. :)

And to delete your own post look at this guide.

10. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    Cool thanks again. Is there a way to get notified when someone responds or replies to my messages?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  11. byu

byu Member

Dec 18, 2008
    California
    WCA:
    2009YUBR01
    YouTube:
    bldmaster
    Yeah, I think you should make a PLL page.

12. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

Top of page
    Subscribe

And I wasn't even sure that the feature would exist when I looked, this forum's so logical. :rolleyes:
    If you're talking about PM, see the control panel.

13. Unknown.soul

Unknown.soul Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Orangevale, CA
    YouTube:
    unksoul
    I second that motion.

14. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    Thanks a lot for the help.

15. Stefan

Stefan Member

May 7, 2006
    WCA:
    2003POCH01
    YouTube:
    StefanPochmann
    Well what did you expect? New member with very first post being a contribution and a good one having put some effort into it, rather than annoying the hell out of us... we don't exactly see that very often. In other words: you certainly earned it. Some nice names for the OLLs, btw.

16. panyan

panyan Member

Dec 16, 2008
    London, England
    updated version in pdf

Attached Files:

17. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    Thanks. I didn't know if there where official names for them. I made up names which would help me remember the algorithms. Like "Sune-T" is simply Sune case followed by "Short T".

18. F1Z2L3

F1Z2L3 Member

Dec 29, 2008
    YouTube:
    F1Z2L3
    I think you forgot to scroll to the left. LOL

19. badmephisto

badmephisto Member

Aug 29, 2007
    YouTube:
    badmephisto
    wait - its free? I MUST get this

nice work :)

20. IamWEB

IamWEB Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Right Here
    WCA:
    2009BOAR01
    Although many cases are different from I use/am learning, I commend you for creating it.

How long did it take you to make this?