• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4/9 1:54:09.74[1:32:10.83]

Really slow, I was originally going for sub-hour, but my memo was going badly, so I decided to try and go for slow but accurate. lol

Lots of flipped edges and 5c cycles, I don't know why.

I reviewed all the cubes like three times, so memo didn't feel too bad.
I might try it again with my other slow 2 review system. (Memo two cubes, review them, and then review everything previously including those cubes)
Next attempt should be a lot faster, no matter what the reviewing system is. It is normal when you do big attempt for you and get ridicuolusly big time. Just do these 9 cube attempts, you will get sub-hour good success in a few tries. Reviewing order is not very important now ;).

WCA
2016DERO04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I might try it again with my other slow 2 review system. (Memo two cubes, review them, and then review everything previously including those cubes)

Try to review less. Memo 5 cubes ans review them once, then memo the last 3, review all 8 and do the last cube 3BLD style. This should dramatically impact in your time and, surprisingly, accuracy.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try to review less. Memo 5 cubes ans review them once, then memo the last 3, review all 8 and do the last cube 3BLD style. This should dramatically impact in your time and, surprisingly, accuracy.
I already do 3BLD on my last cube, and, at least when I was doing my 9 cube attempt, my memo was really weak, even with like 5 extra reviews.
When I did my 2-memo/review system on the 5 cubes and 7 cube attempts, my memo was pretty quick and felt really solid.

I'm doing a 13-cube attempt on a 4 hour plane flight tomorrow, and I really want a good result so I'll probably keep it really safe. On the way back, I might try two 7-8 cube attempts with your system and less reviews.

Last edited:
WCA
2013CABR01
Kind of weird and off topic but I've been experimenting with a different method of memo/review lately.
In my attempts I am using 3 rows of 4 cubes with a review after every four cubes. However, on my first run through of each row I memo as fast as possible (like at a speed that almost too fast to retain the information). My main goal here is to simply create a set words that connect and flow well and translate into a strong image, but I don't care about actually remembering it. I don't even picture that image in my room because of how fast I'm trying to go. After four cubes I go back and review and I try to let the fluidity of the words carry me through this review. This is also the time I take to actually envision the images in my rooms. Once I've done this with all my cubes I do one big quick review before going into my 3BLD cube. I like to compare this method to pouring hot steel into a cast and then running a fan over it to cool it. My idea behind doing this is that I feel like it taps into a more sub-conscious state of memory. I don't know if that makes sense or if it actually works, but I feel like my attempts are more consistent when I do this. I was curious if anyone else memos like this and what other people think.

U

Underwatercuber

I already do 3BLD on my last cube, and, at least when I was doing my 9 cube attempt, my memo was really weak, even with like 5 extra reviews.
When I did my 2-memo/review system on the 5 cubes and 7 cube attempts, my memo was pretty quick and felt really solid.

I'm doing a 13-cube attempt on a 4 hour plane flight tomorrow, and I really want a good result so I'll probably keep it really safe. On the way back, I might try two 7-8 cube attempts on the way back with your system and less reviews.
On a plane. That's gonna be loud as heck and knowing non cubers someone will probably somehow try to interrupt you

WCA
2011BANS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My biggest acomplishment ever in turms of speed
37/45 55:25! [35:51]
Analysis:
1-8 5:25 good
9-16 6:05 awful
17-24 5:08 amazing
1-24 review 5:56 awful
25-32 4:53 amazing, PB for a set of 8
33-38 3:53 amazing
39-42 2:52 bad
43-44 1:04 meh
45 35s too safe
Memo: 35:51 47.8s/cube very good
Solve: 19:33 26s/cube mindblowing
Total 55:25 1:13.8/cube wow
DNFs were minor 3cycles

Wow that speed is absolutely crazy

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a plane. That's gonna be loud as heck and knowing non cubers someone will probably somehow try to interrupt you
I cotton modded most of the cubes, which mostly just drops the pitch of the clacking, and I won't be pushing my TPS...
Hopefully, if people try to stop me, they'll just stop and stare in wonder at the kid (hopefully) solving all those rubix square's without looking at them!!!1!!111!!

Maybe I'll go viral on youtube :D? Who knows?

I'll hit my cubes up with a bit more heavy lube before I go just to make sure.

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
34/42 58:59.92[34:27.48]

First sub-1 finally, although not very accurate. Uploading because this has been a long time coming.

The mistakes were relatively minor
- Executed inverse of a comm
- Popped an edge and then misoriented the cube
- Recalled BI LJ instead of LJ BI
- Forgot part of edge memo
- Missed edge flip in memo or review
- Recalled NU instead of NS
- Recalled WT instead of IG lol (same pieces)
- Did a D' instead of D

Last edited:
WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Generated By csTimer on 2017-6-9
single: 26:33.08

Time List:
1. 26:33.07 1) R2 U R L F2 U2 D' R2 F R2 B2 U L2 F2 D' B2 U' D2 F2 U'
2) F U R2 D U2 F2 U F2 L2 F2 U F2 R' B U' F' L U L' B2 R
3) U' D L' U2 D B2 D F' U B2 D2 R2 F2 U2 F U2 F D2 R2 F'
4) U' R2 B2 R2 D2 F2 U B2 L2 D2 U' B U2 L D F R D U' L F'

:/
2/4
Mistake on the 3BLD cube, forgetting the final letter W, which I had imagined as: "What?" Bit too risky
And also a few twisted things on the other cube.

Decent time considering I had like a 3 minute pause, but bad accuracy

WCA
2013CABR01
After getting quiet a few 58:00+ attempts at 12 cubes (59:39 is my fastest and only 12/12),I decided to try 13 cubes just for fun.

13/13 55:14.86 [34:24.92]

Idk how this makes any sense yesterday I got 11/12 in 58:44, and that was a PB on time. Also, my memo on 13 was about 3 minutes faster than my memo on 12.

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Finally 24/24 in 51:31.92[33:43.02]
It was a non-rush attempt. I still couldn't get 100% success because of very stupid mistakes.
24 cubes is all that I have, now it is clear that I should get more.
1-8: 8:58 [bad] - 67.25 sec/cube
9-16: 8:22 [ok] - 62.75 sec/cube
17-20: 4:08 [awful] - 62 sec/cube
1-20 review: 8:32 [bad] - 25.6 sec/cube //It is possible for me to review only 1-16, then memo 17-24.
21-23: 3:03 [Ultra bad, I reviewed them a lot to avoid DNFs]
24: 0:40 [awful]
Memo: 1:24/cube
Execution: 44s/cube
I just need a comp with MBLD to destroy that NR(21 pts). I have one at 29-30 July.

Gomorrite

It is quite cool that many good Multi-BLD competitors are in these forums, unlike other WCA events.

But I wonder how this works: does each competitor choose how many cubes without knowing what the rest will choose? I wonder how many people are going for 42 at the World Championship or if anyone is actually going for more. I like how BLD events and specially Multi-BLD involve certain degree of strategy (risk management?). :D

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is quite cool that many good Multi-BLD competitors are in these forums, unlike other WCA events.

But I wonder how this works: does each competitor choose how many cubes without knowing what the rest will choose? I wonder how many people are going for 42 at the World Championship or if anyone is actually going for more. I like how BLD events and specially Multi-BLD involve certain degree of strategy (risk management?). :D
Yes, each competitor choose amount of cubes and delegate scrambles them. I think you can know what the rest choose by looking how many cubes are on their tables lol. 6 people will go fo 40+ at Worlds, and I think Maskow will go for more then 42. Or maybe he will go for 2/2.

WCA
2013CABR01

It is in the regulations that a competitor can keep the number of cubes they are attempting a secret up until everyone in that round has submitted their puzzles. You cannot force someone to reveal their attempt earlier; however, in the spirit of friendly competition I think most multi BLDers will tell you their attempt if you ask nice enough.