• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mod ideas?

peteraberg

WCA
2013ABER01
Any idea for a first mod that isnt TOO easy like the octagon cube?

I think the siamese cube and the half truncated cube is good beginners mods and fun to do as well! And they're also fun to solve. Also 4x4x4 evil twin. (you can first do the siamese twin and then extend it to an evil twin if you get bored of the first one! :)

Ihasdapie

NIce! thanks a lot, but im looking for 3x3 mods or 2x2 mods. Im pretty usre im not good enough to make a ghost cube or a mastermorhix:)
This will be literally my FIRST MOD, so I wanna know some really easy and single cube mods

Ihasdapie

The mirror morphic is jsut a sticker mod, right?
So can I just buy, say, a lan-land mastermorphix or something, remove the stickers, and cut some out?

OliverSW

House cube would be good. I did it for my first shape mod and it turned out really well. Use a lan lan and do cap the pieces. RedKB has a video about his (just search his YouTube channel for "house cube") and Oliver's stickers has some really good quality stickers to fit it or you could make your own for a challenging sticker mod. Great first project in my opinion

Last edited:

TheSeppomania

WCA
2010HAFN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The mirror morphic is jsut a sticker mod, right?
So can I just buy, say, a lan-land mastermorphix or something, remove the stickers, and cut some out?

oh no, the mirror morphic is a mirror blocks which is shaped like a mastermorphix.
this is a really hard mod, nearly as hard as the ghost cube. so you have to practice some over mods before.

deKassu

One nice 3x3 shapemod is the half-truncated cube but it might be too easy for OP

Ihasdapie

Ya that's true...
But the one I came up with already existed it turned out it was the wall cube XD
Lol like I make a 17x17 ball.... The corners will be TINY