• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne Spring Open 2009 (Unofficial)

P

pappas

YAYAYAYAYAY!

Also, Tim - confirm with paul michael and ninja.

EDIT: Yeah Timmie - I average about 10 seconds for pyra.
grrr... i was going to challenge you on youtube, coz i thought it was something id beat you at. stop practising pyra. focis on other puzzles, so i can officially be australia's best pyraminxer in december.

please explain wat method you use, eg face first, tip first, variations like unpermuted face, or whatever

hope this post works, because lots have been not working, on some really long posts and others, which is really annoying

edit: now my signature is wrong.

after the competition you might want to change your signiature to no. 3 as I think I have a decent chance at beating you. I average around 14 seconds with a PB average 12.50.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
YAYAYAYAYAY!

grrr... i was going to challenge you on youtube, coz i thought it was something id beat you at. stop practising pyra. focis on other puzzles, so i can officially be australia's best pyraminxer in december.

please explain wat method you use, eg face first, tip first, variations like unpermuted face, or whatever

hope this post works, because lots have been not working, on some really long posts and others, which is really annoying

after the competition you might want to change your signiature to no. 3 as I think I have a decent chance at beating you. I average around 14 seconds with a PB average 12.50.
its on. i havnt solved my pyra in 5 days though, coz i lent it to a friend, and im getting it back tomoz morning. the last best of 5 average i did, was 15:30, so you probably will beat me, but i reckon ill get a better "best time"

check back in 5 mins, and my signature will be changed

P

pappas

YAYAYAYAYAY!

its on. i havnt solved my pyra in 5 days though, coz i lent it to a friend, and im getting it back tomoz morning. the last best of 5 average i did, was 15:30, so you probably will beat me, but i reckon ill get a better "best time"

don't change it yet. Tomorrow will decide. It will be close.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
YAYAYAYAYAY!

ive never been to a comp, and whenever i solve in front of ppl, i take about 2 secs longer per 20 seconds(a part from when i got my non-lucky record on 3x3) btw, ive change it

edw0010

WCA
2010EDWA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
YAYAYAYAYAY!

You havn't seen me do it yet! might be No.4!!

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
YAYAYAYAYAY!

You havn't seen me do it yet! might be No.4!!
its on

P

pappas

Also Tim, Matt Jarrett unfortunately won't be coming as he has a last minute family thing. I think it's important based off what he told me.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, Nick - I heard. Atm, there will be 12 people coming.

Tim - 100 score sheets plus scrambles.

I will be there at about 11 tomorrow - lookin forward to meeting you all! Tim -remember to get 3x3 first round underway by then.

Cyaz there!

xpboy

WCA
2008PEIX01
hi all, I will attend and take these events: 222,333,333bf,444,333multi-bf(do we have that?),sq1
and if no one scramble 333, i will do it and not join the evnt of 333
sorry for post so late, i got stomach ache in the last 3 days, and now it's ok so can to join the comp =,=

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
hi all, I will attend and take these events: 222,333,333bf,444,333multi-bf(do we have that?),sq1
and if no one scramble 333, i will do it and not join the evnt of 333
sorry for post so late, i got stomach ache in the last 3 days, and now it's ok so can to join the comp =,=

I can't print out the multi blind scrambles but I'll generated some and save them on a laptop for the comp. :)

Tim.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, we can easily run multi.

YAY paul is coming!

Tim - you know my expectations. I am going to aths in about half an hour, and hope to be there before 11 O clock.

I have injured my left index finger in a doorway, so people might have a better chance of beating me in some events. :)

4x4 and 5x5 will be: first 2 solves. Top 4 competitiors continue the average of 5. We might not do this, depending on time restraints.

Tim - print out: 2 schedules (for info), 100 score cards, List of the competitiors and their events.

Also, get some pens, and stopwatches.

I'm not doing BLD.

Also, put the scrambling table behind the competitors stations. (ie: In the kitchen area.) It will be much more efficient that way. You can keep the laptop and other stuff on the table near the door like always.

I'll be there by 11. Can't wait to meet you guys!!!

Feliks

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bleh, double post, who cares in this thread.

Tim, for the 3x3 first round, get matt and your solves out of the way, and you can become permanent judges. Just have 2 people on the other stations as temps.