• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Melbourne Cube Days 2015

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

As promised at ausnats, we can now announce Melbourne Cube Days 2015!

Date: 7-8 November
Times: Saturday 9am-6pm; Sunday 9am-4pm
Events: 2-7, OH, and 3BLD guaranteed. FMC, 4/5BLD, and multibld are possible events.

We have a limit of 100 competitors. Please as usual, only register if you are sure you are coming so no one misses out. Thanks to you guys following this rule no one missed out on ausnats 2015, so let's do the same thing here.

See you all there.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
We will manage a waiting list when 100 register.

Please only register if you're sure that you will come so that 15 competitors don't miss out :)

Happy cubing,
Tim.

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
If you can find and organise a nice venue, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to come.

If you need a venue, that should be easy. We have a Rubik's cube club starting this term and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to convince one of the teachers to use the lecture hall at school on one Saturday

ghammy

If you need a venue, that should be easy. We have a Rubik's cube club starting this term and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to convince one of the teachers to use the lecture hall at school on one Saturday

I have Pm'd you :).

There will be more Perth comps do not worry about that! If everything goes to plan and interest persists we will hopefully have 2 comps a year but time will tell.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01

It'd be awesome if the venue is free and similar to UWA's (costs about $500 I think...) :p

Tim.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seeing as this thread has already been derailed...

I'll ask when I get back to school. Anyway, the only pictures I could find are these https://www.facebook.com/mikenahan/posts/971783139546620

Huh, as I compare it to the Alexander Lecture Theatre now, it is quite a bit less wide though...

It might be usable, but only if you were expecting 20 or less competitors. Otherwise it would be too small IMO.

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Yeah... I thought it was bigger than that. It should be able to fit a class so maybe 30+ if you sit next to each other closely, but not the best then

Last edited:

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
No skewb. The idea of Melbourne Cube Day(s) is to only have the cubic puzzle events, so no skewb, pyra, etc.

A better answer would be "there will be no Skewb because there'll be 100 competitors, a limited time in scheduling, and the most recent competition had 2 rounds of Skewb so we're trying to give other events priority". Skewb is​ a "cubic puzzle event"