• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Materials that can be made into cube tiles?

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
- You could take construction paper of your choice and glue it on. Bonus: cool texture
- You could get several flavors (and thus colors) of gum, chew it and stick it on. Bonus: your cube will be extra grippy, won't chip, and the 'stickers' will mold to your grip. Downside: you break WCA regulations 3j and 3d
- Go to your local hardware stores, buy ceramic tiles and grout, stick 'em on. Downside: breaking WCA regs again, tiles too thick.
- Get colored plastic folders from an office supply store, cut them up, glue them on. Bonus: most practical in this list.
All the creative solutions I got, maybe someone will post some practical ones.

Schmidt

WCA
2012SCHM07
I'm working on a 55mm zhanchi with flat lego tiles cut down to 1mm so the cube will be 57mm when it is done (I've been working on it for a long time now)

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I considered using duct tape before but I never had the chance to try it. They have all colors of duct tape and they're pretty cheap so even if they come off a lot, it's easy to replace. I don't know how well it works though

carefully rip off the tiles that sometimes are on the dollar store cubes and stick them on a good cube