• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets Discussion and Help thread

mitja

WCA
2016POPO02
Does anyone know what type of magnets are used in cubicle Wuque M 4x4?
Never mind, I found the info:N48 5x1 outer and N38 4x1,5 inner. Is it really better to have loose outer layers and strong magnets inside? I had an understanding that oposite is better. My first yuxin blue and wuque are done with about 30% stronger outer layer. They seem perfect. Maybe cubicle discovered better setting?Whell, I did calculate magnetic pull for 3 mm plastic( two layers of plastic about 1-1,5mm each). If you calculate for 1 mm plastic, numbers get very different, on the end stronger magnets seem weaker and opposite.
I also received both wuques ( black and stickerless) recently. They are very different cubes from the scratch. Black is much smoother plastic and has very different feel. That's why
I wonder how different magnets are suitable for each of the cubes.
Anyone with some thoughts about this?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Those are the same magnets I used on the inside of a yuxin blue. I'd like to try the larger diameter magnets on the outer layer. It should make a more fluid 3x3 stage.

If I were to guess I'd say the different plastics will even out with break-in and lube, but will probably never be identical. I'd use the same magnets for both, but I could be completely wrong.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
OK thanks, I have a wushuang so it'll be cool to see how your's turns out. And is it 4x2 n38 for all?
I just finished this Wushuang M today, and it's pretty good. 4x2 n35 for the outer layers, 4x2 n38 inside. My only complaint is that the Wushuang that I got seems a little gummy. I've got some Silk on it. Maybe I'll need to get some DNM-37 or Lubicle 1 to try.

heyitsconnor

WCA
2017LIUC10
got a few questions

Where would be a good place to buy magnets? gaussboys is too expensive because of shipping (i live in australia)

What magnets would be good for a 50mm Cubing classroom cube?

What strength are the magnets in the x-man pyra?

What is the best glue?

Should i get the mass-produces GTS2M or make one myself?

Cheers

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know if there have been any changes to the Thunderclap V1? I've magnetised my first one for a while and the pull is too strong. It's either that or my new magnets are stronger than my last lot.

DMCubing

Gaussboys. The difference in price isn't that much, and in my opinion worth it to know what I'm getting.
I keep meaning to mention that you can save 10% off your order when you use the discount code, DMCUBING
You'll just need to set up a free account ahead of time, then enter the code during checkout.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I keep meaning to mention that you can save 10% off your order when you use the discount code, DMCUBING
You'll just need to set up a free account ahead of time, then enter the code during checkout.

I thought that was for just the month of June, but when I signed in to make my last order in August it automatically took that deduction off.

allanboss131

Has anyone tried magnetizing the Thunderclap 4x4's? I have the mini one and I would like to magnetize it.
Magnetizing the mini one made it 1000x better! I used n48 4x1 on the inside, and n484x2 combined with n48 4x1 on the outers. The inner layers are a little too strong, maybe go for n45s. Its now my main cube and SO MUCH better.

Survfour

What kind of magnets should I use for a WuJi 7x7? I'm thinking of 4x2 N35, but some people have said that 4x2 doesn't fit in the corners. Should I find smaller but stronger that are closest to 4x2 N35 for the corners? Also is 4x2 N35 too strong or weak?