• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets in Square 1?

Orimaster

WCA
2017ALVA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it possible to put magnets in a square-1? I love the GTS M and the Xinghen M, but my turning on square-1 is just totally inaccurate. Magnets would really help. If anybody can help me out that would be great!

gokkar

Definitely possible, but I think it'd be difficult to find an arrangement that will provide a consistent feel. With an NxN cube, you can count on a consistent alignment, but with SQ1, you need to find a way to account for the fact that the puzzle will be changing shape and rotating by different amounts with each turn.

Andrew Rizo

WCA
2016RIZO01
Is it possible to put magnets in a square-1? I love the GTS M and the Xinghen M, but my turning on square-1 is just totally inaccurate. Magnets would really help. If anybody can help me out that would be great!
I think that wouldnt be the solution to turning inaccurately. I honestly think you should just slow it down with some traxxas 50k or weight 4, or even 3 if you dont want it too slow

Vecolity

it depends. I have an xman volt, and the magnets are noticiable in the slice layer, but not in the U and D layers, so if you use a volt, only put them in the slice.

Vecolity

just get it from the cubicle its fine becaus etheres no cubing stores in hk that make premium cubes

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
just get it from the cubicle its fine becaus etheres no cubing stores in hk that make premium cubes

This is really bad advice. It’s impossible to ship cubes to HK without spending over 50 USD on shipping to be honest, it just isn’t worth it. I

I’d suggest instead ordering off of zcube.vip instead, even though they don’t offer premium cubes, it be much better for people in the Hong Kong area to buy the Volt and magnetize it themselves than pay more money and wait for international shipping.

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
This won't become too big of a problem when Yuxin releases the Little Magic M Squan, which is $9.99. (It makes me regret getting the volt m from thecubicle.)