• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Magnets in Square 1?

Definitely possible, but I think it'd be difficult to find an arrangement that will provide a consistent feel. With an NxN cube, you can count on a consistent alignment, but with SQ1, you need to find a way to account for the fact that the puzzle will be changing shape and rotating by different amounts with each turn.

WCA
2016RIZO01
Is it possible to put magnets in a square-1? I love the GTS M and the Xinghen M, but my turning on square-1 is just totally inaccurate. Magnets would really help. If anybody can help me out that would be great!
I think that wouldnt be the solution to turning inaccurately. I honestly think you should just slow it down with some traxxas 50k or weight 4, or even 3 if you dont want it too slow

it depends. I have an xman volt, and the magnets are noticiable in the slice layer, but not in the U and D layers, so if you use a volt, only put them in the slice.