• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Your averaging 25-27sec which is great and you'll get faster!

Try practicing forming the first f2l pair and only looking ahead to the second pair only while you are inserting the first pair. It will make lookahead simpler. Learning lookahead is a lot of work and take lots of practice.

Also what are your splits? Do you know full OLL and PLL

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Different people are different. I've been cubing for almost 2 years, and you're about 8 seconds ahead of me. If you enjoy it keep at it. If not, just doing it to win probably won't get you very far. Maybe try some other puzzles, like megaminx or big cubes, or try blind, one hand, or foot solving.

udbhavs123

I know 2 look oll and full pll ( except g perms, but that hardly affects my solves )
I complete cross + f2l + oll in 22 seconds (pll is really slow, I have bad finger tricks)
I use a YJ Yulong, though I have a thunderclap coming soon.

udbhavs123

Different people are different. I've been cubing for almost 2 years, and you're about 8 seconds ahead of me. If you enjoy it keep at it. If not, just doing it to win probably won't get you very far. Maybe try some other puzzles, like megaminx or big cubes, or try blind, one hand, or foot solving.
Thanks I'll try

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I know 2 look oll and full pll ( except g perms, but that hardly affects my solves )
I complete cross + f2l + oll in 22 seconds (pll is really slow, I have bad finger tricks)

G-perms aren't that hard, and probably affect your solves more than you think. Execution is part of it, but the biggest part is probably that G-perms are easy to recognize relative to figuring out what U-perm and A-perm to use. I recommend learning them.

udbhavs123

I really enjoy it. But I know that the concentration problem I have is one I see regularly in my daily life, even outside cubing.

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel

Ok...it is F2L that you need to work on. Take lookahead slowly and by just practicing your times will improve.

udbhavs123

G-perms aren't that hard, and probably affect your solves more than you think. Execution is part of it, but the biggest part is probably that G-perms are easy to recognize relative to figuring out what U-perm and A-perm to use. I recommend learning them.
They're on my to do list, but I never seem to get around to it.

udbhavs123

So basically I do the kind of lookahead where I search for the next pair three moves before the insertion of the current one instead of metronome-slow turning look ahead? Will that work better than the metronome method?

udbhavs123

Also, how much percentage of your time should pll take? I feel like 3-5s pll out of 25s solves is too much

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, how much percentage of your time should pll take? I feel like 3-5s pll out of 25s solves is too much

That's not too bad. It could be better obviously, but it's not your biggest concern at this point. When you're just playing with the cube, drill those algs. That and using them in solves will make them better with time.

Pickle Rick

So things to note, I'm color neutral and I average around 20 seconds to 23 seconds, but I can get sub 20 sometime, also I haven't learned full pll or oll yet.

So I've been struggling to achieve sub 20 I know I need to improve my lookahead but I'm not sure how, besides the obvious slow solved. But how long does this usually take? I also use 4-look last layer so I still don't use full pll. What can I do to improve my lookahead to get sub 20? Also should I just learn full pll? I know I can learn algs pretty quickly but I've been holding off on learning full pll.