• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Logo Or No-No?

Should you use a logo? Does it improve your performance? These are all questions I had starting as a cuber. I eventually lowered my times down to a PB of 22 seconds. After this, I bought my first premium cube. The Moyu Weilong GTS2. The logo over time wore out and just became a small piece on my centre cap that was collecting and holding dirt. I decided to remove the logo. But I wondered if this would improve my 3x3 times. Pre removing the logo, I averaged about 33-36 seconds. Then, after removing the logo I average about 29-31 seconds. This all happened in the space of one day, so I did not improve in any way. This is why I believe that logos are a massive no-no. They just distract you from the actual solve.

Hazel

Premium Member
As someone who has been cubing for well over 5 years, I can say with confidence that for most people, logos are not distracting at all and do not affect times or recognition in the least. If you find that this isn't the case for you, then it might be wise to remove it.
Also, any logos are illegal in Blindfolded events, so that's something to keep in mind.