• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Linus Fresz DNF (24.00) FMC mean

mycube

WCA
2011FRES01
Thanks everyone!

Here are my solutions:

1. Scramble:
Scramble: L2 D L2 U B2 U F2 U' F L F2 L' U2 R2 D2 B D L2 F'
Inverse: F L2 D' B' D2 R2 U2 L F2 L' F' U F2 U' B2 U' L2 D' L2

Start on Inverse:
L2 D L2 U B2 - 1x2x3 - this was a quite obvious beginning for me, the rest of the solution is just trial and error.
switch:
F L2 D' B' D2 R2 - 2x2x3
R U2 R' - F2L-1
switch:
U F' L F2 L' F' U' F - Finish + Skip

Solution:
F L2 D' B' D2 R' U2 R' F' U F L F2 L' F U' B2 U' L2 D' L2 - 21 Moves

This is actually a controversal solution due to some similarity to the inverse scramble. It is the same start + ending like the inverse scramble, but there is a different part (to be exact: the switch-part on the inverse Scramble).
I first realised this when I wrote down the solution and thought it was the full inverse solution. (Later Sébastien told me that it's not the exact inverse scramble). Luckily I did not find the skip on the normal scramble, it would have been a 19 and the full inverse scramble.

After I stopped this attempt and gave my solution to Geert I discussed with Sébastien, I think we should consider some other scrambles for FMC in the future. The best idea I have is to just have scrambles with a lenght of 25 moves, so the inverse scramble is maybe a considerable solution, but not a potential sub20 solution (and right now: also Single WR).

EDIT: Also there occured some case in the US some time ago, that there was a solution with 18 moves which happen to be the inverse scramble. Luckily nobody found this solution, but there happened to be a discussion here in some thread.

2. Scramble:
Scramble: D2 L2 F' U2 F L2 F L2 R' U R' U2 L' F R' B U' F2 R' D'
Inverse: D R F2 U B' R F' L U2 R U' R L2 F' L2 F' U2 F L2 D2

Start on Normal:
B U2 L U - Pseudo2x2x2
switch:
U R' U - 2x2x2 + 1x2x2
switch:
F D R D' R - PseudoF2L-1
switch:
F2 - F2L-1
switch:
D F D' F' D2 F D2 F' - Finish

L3C:
B U2 L U F D R D' R D . F D' F' D2 F D2 F U' R U'
. = R' F L F' R F L' F'

Solution:
B U2 L U F D R D' R D R' F L F' R F L' D' F' D2 F D2 F U' R U' - 26 Moves

3. Scramble:
Scramble: D2 R2 U2 R2 F2 U2 F U2 F2 R' B2 R' D2 B F2 D' L D2 F U'
Inverse: U F' D2 L' D F2 B' D2 R B2 R F2 U2 F' U2 F2 R2 U2 R2 D2

U2 B2 - Some Premoves
switch:
D' L D' - 1x2x2
R' F2 R F R F' - 2x2x2
B - 2x2x3
sw:
L' U2 L U2 - PseudoF2L-1
L' U' L F' L F U L U - Finish + Skip

Solution:
U2 B2 L' U2 L U2 L' U' L F' L F U L U B' F R' F' R' F2 R D L' D - 25 Moves

I have to admit - I was kind of lucky to have two solutions with a skip. Also it was kind of unexpected, but right now I am happy about my results.

I am looking forward to see this mean being broken in the future. There are a lot of people who have the potential to break this WR, I am curious what will happen in the future :)

Last edited:

mycube

WCA
2011FRES01
Thanks again everybody! :)

I agree to some of the arguments that this are kind of weird rules to get platinum member. But on the other side I can understand that you just can have it when your history of world/continental records is finished. Maybe there could be two different versions of platinum member :)

At least besides me there is only one person affected by this (Simon Westlund). All other gold members are missing more than just CR (e.g have WR but no Worlds podium/missing WR, CR, ...)

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
But IMO your history of continental records is completed already. You currently hold a European record for FMC as well...

Also what if tomorrow some asian guy does 23 moves mo3 and breaks your WR? Will you be platinum member then?

anyway gj with the WR :)

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Thanks again everybody! :)

I agree to some of the arguments that this are kind of weird rules to get platinum member. But on the other side I can understand that you just can have it when your history of world/continental records is finished. Maybe there could be two different versions of platinum member :)

At least besides me there is only one person affected by this (Simon Westlund). All other gold members are missing more than just CR (e.g have WR but no Worlds podium/missing WR, CR, ...)

Though I do agree that the two of you should be platinum members, some have argued that this is merely a 'completion of profile' achievement and hence a profile is 'incomplete' without a CR.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
But IMO your history of continental records is completed already. You currently hold a European record for FMC as well...

Also what if tomorrow some asian guy does 23 moves mo3 and breaks your WR? Will you be platinum member then?

anyway gj with the WR :)
One of the rare situations where losing a WR completes your profile.