• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Last 2 Centers on BIG cubes

hawkmp4

By big, I mean, bigger than 5x5x5. I can efficiently solve the centers on everything up to a 5x5, but any bigger than that I get completely stuck on the last two centers, usually I only have 5 or so pieces that need to get moved over...but I can't do it. Are there any strategies for doing this? Or is the best advice you can give to bash my head against the wall until I figure it out for myself?

hawkmp4

Wow. I had serious issues reading that...its early. I missed a prime or two in there.
Thanks! That's incredibly helpful.

Edit:
Nevermind. Its not doing at all what I thought it would...are you sure you have that algorithm right?

Last edited:

Joel2274

Srry this is a super dead thread (8 years old...wow!) but I'm getting into big cubes more and the algorithm that you show works, but where do you put the centers that you want to swap?

Hazel

Premium Member
Sooo... how would you solve the 'edge-centers' ? Is there some special Niclass for that?
If by edge-centers you mean center pieces on the edge of the center, then that video should explain it. If you mean edge pieces near the center, you'll need to watch a separate tutorial on last 4 edges, CrazyBadCuber has a good one.