• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

L2LK Help Needed

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
LiquidFizz
Thread starter #1
So, I've gotten a little bored of the big four methods, and want to try something new, like L2LK. Unfortunately, I don't know the best approach to learning the algorithms.
I know ELL, so that's 27 algs down, but I'm not sure if I should just go in order of learning the algs step by step, and is there anything I should do for other steps while I'm learning?
Right now for the step of solve FR and CP, I just do some setup move to a T,Ja,Jb, or Y perm and undo to solve, which I know isn't efficient. Should I just do the first two steps and then rescramble until I've drilled the FL and CO step enough?

WCA
2014GRAY03
Nort specific to L2LK at all, as long as you have some reliable way of solving it while adhering to the steps of the method, even if each step takes multiple looks, you're ready to learn cases for any step of the method. Just start replacing cases with distinctive features that you notice with their alg one by one.

That said, if you just want to do full solves, then learning most of the cases for a earlier steps first is a more productive use of your time, but I think drilling the specific step you're trying to learn to solve is a better way to learn algs than actually doing full solves.