• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kud's Beginner's Method

Kud

Hello, I'm Kud. I use the Beginner's Method on my Rubik's brand. I would like to share how I use my Beginner's Method differently from other cubers.

My beginner's method consists of OLL cases in CFOP. So I guess it's a mixture. But I mostly use Beginner's Method for my solve.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rubiks Cube Notation:
R: Turn the right face of the cube clockwise.
R': Turn the right face of the cube counter-clockwise.
U: Turn the up face of the cube clockwise.
U': Turn the up face of the cube counter-clockwise.
L: Turn the left face of the cube clockwise.
L': Turn the left face of the cube counter-clockwise.
M: Turn the middle of the cube clockwise.
M': Turn the middle of the cube counter-clockwise.
D: Turn the bottom face of the cube clockwise.
D': Turn the bottom face of the cube counter-clockwise.
B: Turn the back face of the cube clockwise.
B': Turn the back face of the cube counter-clockwise.

If a 2 is next to the notation, turn that face twice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cross:
When you start inspection, look at all the white edges and see how you can implement all of them.

Always start the cross on the bottom for better times.

Case 1: You have 3 white edges in, and 1 flipped edge to the side. When the 3 edges are put into place correctly, but an edge if flipped next to their corresponding color use this algorithm
(D' R' D)

Case 2: You have 3 white edges in and 1 flipped edge. This one is like Case 1, with an extra move. When 3 edges are put into place correctly, but an edge flipped in the cross section, use this algorithm
(F' D' R' D)

Case 3: You have 3 white edges in and 1 flipped edge. When 3 edges are put into correctly, but an edge flipped on the opposite side of the cross, use this algorithm
(U' R' F R)
Corners:
When you're done with the cross, and moving onto the corners and how to implement different cases.

Case 1: Corner twisted in its slot, white facing right. If this case turns up, use this algorithm
(R U R' U') R U R'

Case 2: Corner twisted in its slot, white facing you. If this case turns up, use this algorithm
(R U' R' U R U' R')

Case 3: Corner on top face, white facing you. If this case turns up, use this algorithm
(U R U' R')

Case 4: Corner on top face, white facing right. If this case turns up, use this algorithm
(R U R')

Case 5: Corner on top face, white facing up. If this case turns up, use this algorithm
(R U2 R' U' R U R')
Thank you for reading.
Second Layer, OLL and PLL will be out when I get to it.

Aeoluz

How is that different from standard LBL?
Apart from the fact that the cross is done on bottom and he uses separate algorithms for corners and edges, I don't see any difference. This might be harder since you need to learn some extra cases for the corner inserting.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apart from the fact that the cross is done on bottom and he uses separate algorithms for corners and edges, I don't see any difference. This might be harder since you need to learn some extra cases for the corner inserting.

That was obviously rhetorical question. There are no differences between "his" method and LBL

Kud

That was obviously rhetorical question. There are no differences between "his" method and LBL
Sorry, I'm not a real speed solver and I don't have much information on the type of methods other cubers use. So I have no clue what LBL is.

Also yes, I am a him.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, I'm not a real speed solver and I don't have much information on the type of methods other cubers use. So I have no clue what LBL is.

Also yes, I am a him.
"LBL" means layer-by-layer. It's a catch-all term for any method that involves solving the top/bottom layer, then middle, then the last layer.