• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Knoxville, TN competition in spring of 2018

Would you attend a comp in Knoxville?

• Total voters

Jacob F

Would anyone be interested in attending or helping to organize a competition?

Jacob F

I think he means organized, it'll most likely take much longer than now to spring to plan one completely, especially if you've never done it before.
Have you ever organized one? Could you give me some tips?

Hazel

Premium Member
Have you ever organized one? Could you give me some tips?
I have never, but I've talked with someone who has a little while ago. First of all, it'll probably take much more time than you think. You should also try to get the competition sponsored by a cubing manufacturer or store so you actually have the funds to run the competition. You'll also need a WCA delegate there and a venue to actually host the competition. You'll also need a bunch of stackmats, and timers with the displays. I'd recommend having a limit of 80 for the number of competitors. I don't remember anything else, but you definitely should talk to someone who has organized multiple competitions before even starting to plan one.

Jacob F

I have never, but I've talked with someone who has a little while ago. First of all, it'll probably take much more time than you think. You should also try to get the competition sponsored by a cubing manufacturer or store so you actually have the funds to run the competition. You'll also need a WCA delegate there and a venue to actually host the competition. You'll also need a bunch of stackmats, and timers with the displays. I'd recommend having a limit of 80 for the number of competitors. I don't remember anything else, but you definitely should talk to someone who has organized multiple competitions before even starting to plan one.
I’ve already spoken to a delegate and organized a group. I’ll look into getting it sponsored. Would you be able to attend this competition?

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I live about an hour or two away from Knoxville, and would be willing to come. Just wanted to put myself on your list.