• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KCubing (Kansas city cubing group)

Psyph3r

I need a lot of help with F2L haha I have just switched to F2L from slotting single cubies and it has dropped my time from about 60 seconds to 1:30-2:00. I know I have to just power through and learn it and it will make me faster but it is definitely frustrating.

Bldnoob

Man I'll tell you I will be the first to solve a 5x5 from Missouri BLD. And David Ali needs to watch out cause I'm going for high state rankings.

Psyph3r

Haha so by recording a time of 1:00 I would be in the top 20 recorded times in Kansas history? (I read further into the site and now see that you have to authorize them to release your scores so I would be in the top 20 that have clicked a button).

Additionally, how do you perform a finger tricky F R U R' U' F' I cant seem to get an F or F' without a full hand readjustment.

I just went ham on Amazon this week. Picked up a Dayan Zanchi Stickerless, Fangshi Shuang Ren, Gans III 57, Moyu Aolong v2, and some differential oil haha (the worst part is I am not even sub 1 minute yet). I guess my thought process is fun toys makes learning easier.

It also turns out that I will be able to attend the event next saturday. Can't wait to finally meet you guys and see your awesome solve abilities! Also which Lamar's are we meeting at and do i need to wear a rose or some other defining characteristic on my clothing?

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
my dad has work and my mom has a thing for church this Saturday so probably can't come. I WILL make it to the comp atleast
Ah, that sucks man. See you at Lawrence though.

Haha so by recording a time of 1:00 I would be in the top 20 recorded times in Kansas history? (I read further into the site and now see that you have to authorize them to release your scores so I would be in the top 20 that have clicked a button).

Additionally, how do you perform a finger tricky F R U R' U' F' I cant seem to get an F or F' without a full hand readjustment.

I just went ham on Amazon this week. Picked up a Dayan Zanchi Stickerless, Fangshi Shuang Ren, Gans III 57, Moyu Aolong v2, and some differential oil haha (the worst part is I am not even sub 1 minute yet). I guess my thought process is fun toys makes learning easier.

It also turns out that I will be able to attend the event next saturday. Can't wait to finally meet you guys and see your awesome solve abilities! Also which Lamar's are we meeting at and do i need to wear a rose or some other defining characteristic on my clothing?
I think that you have to sign up for CubingUSA to be on the list because I didn't see my name or a couple other people's. So not to ruin you spirits, but there's more than 20 of us :p I just signed up, top 5 3x3 average! :)

For the F R U R' U' F' you just have to regrip on the first F, then you can go straight through the R U R' U' without regripping and for the F', just push it up with your right thumb. I can show you how I do it this weekend.

Dang dude! You should get some other puzzles like a 4x4 or a 2x2.

It's at the Overland Park KU Edwards campus, 12520 Quivera road. You don't really need to wear anything special, I'll be wearing an Orange hoody that says Hawks on the front because I pretty much wear it everywhere. Now that biscuit isn't going the only person other than us would be danchoi with his son. Basically if you get there before us just pick a table (the one in the back corner is where we were at last time because it was kind of out of the way of everyone, so it's preferable) and set some cubes on the table and we'll be able to recognize you pretty quickly.

Edit: Also, what's your first name so I won't have to just be like "Hey, are you Psyph3r..?"

Last edited:

Psyph3r

My name is Anthony or Tony.

I have a zanchi 2x2. A Rubik's 4x4 and 5x5 and a pillowed 7x7 v cube. Just don't know enough about any of them to even think about speed.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some reason I can't figure out why don't you want to call him Psyph3r? :p
I am fine with calling him Psyph3r, but I'd rather just be able to talk to him using his name. It's just easier to communicate that way.

Edit: Ninja'd by Anthony (Psyhp3r) haha

Ok, I'll just call you Anthony unless we're on here.

That's kind of how I was when it came to other cubes, I wanted to get fast at 3x3 before I focused on them. 4x4 and 5x5 are my favorite :)

Last edited:

Psyph3r

I think 3x3 or 7x7 is my favorite right now. I mostly only solve 7x7 leisurely though messing with parity intuitively rather than memorizing algs it stimulates my brainicles haha.

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha that sounds like a monster. I am like you though I want to get fast (sub20) at 3x3 before moving on to others.
That sounds like a good plan. I think you should probably start earlier than sub 20 though, because unless you progress insanely fast it should take you at least six months to become sub 20. You should get a shengshou 4x4 or an Aosu.