• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kattenvriendin from The Netherlands

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Me neither earlier on. Now I am in doubt ;) I'll just wait for an explanation.

COMP TOMORROWWWW!!! Oh yeah!

Entered 2x2 3x3 4x4 and 5x5 and pyraminx.

So sorry if I offended you! I through u were joking when u said u had difficulties learning things. I was trying to encourage u to learn Ortega as ur time could improve so much. Sorry again.

Yeah.. likely HEARING it (lol another disability on this end, less than 30% left over *chuckles*) will make loads of a difference.

It's ok.. and nope I wasn't joking, I WISH.. At least when I patternize things they are workable, but I looked at an ortega tut, and went EEHEEEK TOO MUCH INFO.

I am still young, so that is where people get confused most, so I can get you thought I was joking.

On Ortega: I can do the one surface all one color alright, but all those new algorithms for the remainder of the cases is too much in one chew. I would really need to WANT to learn them, and then actually sit down and see if I can find easier algorithms still TO learn them.

I think I do some algorithms differently than most on the 3x3. LOL When I look at a video I always go: "Oh that is that and you need to do... uh.. what is he doing now??" LOL

But it's ok, apology gladly accepted :)

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah.. likely HEARING it (lol another disability on this end, less than 30% left over *chuckles*) will make loads of a difference.

It's ok.. and nope I wasn't joking, I WISH.. At least when I patternize things they are workable, but I looked at an ortega tut, and went EEHEEEK TOO MUCH INFO.

I am still young, so that is where people get confused most, so I can get you thought I was joking.

On Ortega: I can do the one surface all one color alright, but all those new algorithms for the remainder of the cases is too much in one chew. I would really need to WANT to learn them, and then actually sit down and see if I can find easier algorithms still TO learn them.

I think I do some algorithms differently than most on the 3x3. LOL When I look at a video I always go: "Oh that is that and you need to do... uh.. what is he doing now??" LOL

But it's ok, apology gladly accepted :)

2 algs really that much hard work?

KongShou

WCA
2013KONG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only two??
It looked like about 8 or so.

Where is the two-tut?

1)The one where theres t perm on top and bottom R2 U' R2 U2 y R2 U' R2 really easy, R2 U' R2 is repeated.
U2 and y should be done at the same time. The 1x1x2 block should be lined up at the back.

2)And the one y perm bottom, t perm on top. R U' R F2 R' U R' note the 1x1x2 block of the t perm is facing you.

The other two are y perm and t perm, which you know

And if there's two y perm its 3 moves, R2 B2 R2, I didn't count this one.

Obviously y perm is a diagonal swap, and t is adjacent swap.

The eight algs u talk about can be solved by just turning the cube upside down. Now there's far less algs

Hope this helps. :) if there anything unclear cos I suck at explaining just ask.

Last edited:

MarcelP

WCA
2012POOT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, I use Ortega. Last comp I brought a tutorial to teach KV, but she showed no interrest then lol... I allready told her she needed to learn only two or three algs because all the other algs are 3 x 3 algs she allready knows. This sunday I will teach it to you.

I was interested, but that day I had a special goal (which I made, yay) and I cannot learn new algorithms then because I forget others.. so stupid, but I didn't want to take the risk of that happening and ruining the solves that mattered on the 3x3.

However this Sunday after all the events are done that I do (5, 4 and 3) we can drill Ortega and see what happens :)

2x2:
12.40 16.94 11.59 19.65 21.36
average 16.33

pyraminx was hollerlaughter yapyap while solving. I hadn't done a THING on it:
46.81 50.75 1:05.93 36.47 1:56.40
average 54.50

Yeppers..
contemplating on competing with the moyu here..

me getting off my main.. takes a GOOD cube to do that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alriiight! I did new PBs on all things AND made it to the second round for the very first time. Made a few sub 30s at comp too! :D:D:D

people were laughing, I was so hyper, sooo cool lolol

Times will follow :) eat first.. brrr hungry.. FOOOOOD

1st round 3x3:
40.34 28.31 33.27 36.53 32.71 average 34.17
2nd round 3x3:
35.46 29.31 47.97 28.58 1:00.36 average 37.58

That 1 min.. I was right in the middle of a decent going solve, one that would have been in the 30s somewhere. And FLOOP went the cube in the middle of an algorithm, making me lose my way and having to put the cube back in normal order. BLAAAAHHH!! lol

1st round 4x4:
2:14.69 2:53.44 (didn't make the cutoff to do 5)

1st round 5x5:
7:27.52 8:16.75 (didn't make the cutoff to do 5)

Last edited:
Nope.. in the end I stuck to my main, the zhanchi. It is a bit more stable than the moyu.

Found out yesterday late that I ducked under the fastest Dutch female 3x3 cuber AND same on the 4x4 as well with my times. So funny.. I didn't even make the cut off time for the 4x4 lol

First real timed solve on the 6x6

just over 30 mins. I wonder what the cutoff is on that at the Dutch Open or Amstelveen whahahahaha

Can I do -one- solve guys, instead of two? *snicker*

My technique to avoid weirdo parities: solve all centers (last two are.. yeah.. let's not speak of that), solve all the edges in pairs of two, then pair up all the edges to make a single big one edge and finally solve the thing like a 4x4.

Crazycubemom

WCA
2007OEYM01
Found out yesterday late that I ducked under the fastest Dutch female 3x3 cuber AND same on the 4x4 as well with my times. So funny.. I didn't even make the cut off time for the 4x4 lol

Congratulations :)

Yes, you are The Fastest Dutch female and The awesome one.

Thank you girl for make it happen :D

I think I must start to practice 4x4x4 again hehehehe NO! I love it if you are faster than me on Big Jumbo Cubes.