• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kashiwa Open 2008 Results (3x3 WRs)

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yu Nakajima won the Kashiwa Open 2008 with an average of 11.75 seconds. Syuhei Omura finished second (13.34) and Yumu Tabuchi finished third (13.51).
World records: Yu Nakajima Rubik's Cube 8.72 (single) 11.28 (average).
Asian records: Mitsuki Gunji Clock 9.06 (single).

If you take a closer look, Yu got 8.72 TWICE!!! How do you pull that off :eek:

Great job though.

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a way to go sub-10 in comp!
(And I thought it was cool to hold three simultaneous NR results for 3x3x3 speed... :p )

I so wanna reconstruct those 2 solves now...

Yu's also getting insane at BLD. Too bad I squandered my chances at a better ER... :(

Yumu and Mitsuki are also fast. Maybe we should hold a 3x3x3 only contest in the USA. :p

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Holy crap, two 8.72. That's nuts. Too bad they weren't in the same round though, could've been sub-11 then :)

Also congratulations to all of the sub-11 guys (wow!), two 1:14 BLD solves (CRAZY! congrats guys!), and Gunji's clock record :)

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
It was inevitable, I knew it was going to happen. He's been getting a few 8s every average. Since there's 3 rounds, so 15 solves, at least one should be sub 10, and 8s. If there were only 2 rounds, man he's screwed lol

Congrats again Nakajima! It sure will be hard to beat...unless I get LL skip :p

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh wow, I feel dizzy. How does Yu do it? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he's getting fast at BLD as well. Everyone else may as well give up, it's over!

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah Harris good luck with that. You're going to need to work seriously hard on... something, whatever it is Yu beats you at >.<