Is www.kidology.org a legit website?

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by chess3114, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.

Is www.kidology.org a legit website?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2012.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

100.0%
  1. chess3114

chess3114 Member

Jan 28, 2012
    I was wondering if www.kidology.org is a legit website?

I want to buy a mat and timer.

2. Drake

Drake Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Canada, NB.
    Why would you but a timer and a stack mat form there? There is other website with the same prices?

3. chess3114

chess3114 Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Stuff this thread.

Even though both the mat and timer are $30 the shipping is $40.

Btw I live in Australia.

4. Drake

Drake Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Canada, NB.
    It's maybe legit, but find another store, 40$ for shipping im sure you can find better o_O. And relax o_O let people the time to answer you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. LNZ

LNZ Premium Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Adelaide, SA
    YouTube:
    Darkangel2347
    I won't comment on the mat and timer but I will on the site's contents.

The site is an aim by a organised group of adults to preach the word of God and Jesus to children. In theory, there is nothing wrong with this. And any democratic nation
    would allow this. But personally, I'd only approve of such pratices if the children on a voluntary and free basis wanted to become Christians.

6. Owen

Owen Member

Nov 2, 2009
    As said before, this is definitely not the best choice of website.

7. Kidologist

Kidologist Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Yes, Kidology.org is a legit site. We've been on the web longer than AOL has had the WWW believe or not. (AOL had the Gopher and Veronica networks when I started my website!) But I'm probably getting too techie. ;)

I'm an advid puzzle collector, I own over 100 cubes and variations of the Cube and solved it as a kid without the aid of a book - the 'old fashioned' way, discovering moves by trial and error. Learning to move a piece down one way, and back up another and noting what changed. That was true solving back in the 80's when the Cube came out and there were no solution books. Speed Solving truly fascinates me and I want to learn it, but I can still do it my old fashioed way in under two minutes - and no one does it with my moves.

I'm also a huge fan of Speed Stacks which is why the company allows our site to sell them at a discount because we are a non-profit who generally sells to churches and religious volunteers, but anyone is welcome to shop on our site.

This looks like a cool forum, glad Google Alert brought the question to my attention! Reminded me I need to learn to Speed Cube and add it to my skill set. (I'm a professional magician and performer, and that would be fun!)

Just for members of this site, I set up a DISCOUNT CODE, 10% off Speed Stacks mat or timer on Kidology.org! Just enter "speed" at check out. Feel free to spread the word on this site only. How's that?

The Cube Dude,
    Karl

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  8. sneaklyfox

sneaklyfox Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube:
    sneaklyfox
    Nice site. Don't know if I'll get a timer... I have been thinking about it for awhile. But the rest of the site is cool! I wonder if our children's ministry director knows about it.

9. Kidologist

Kidologist Member

Oct 24, 2012
  10. WBCube

WBCube Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Michigan
    WCA:
    2013BARN01
    I wouldn't purchase the stackmat from this site. Surely you can find a better price on amazon or even ebay. Also welcome to the forum Kidologist..

11. antoineccantin

antoineccantin Member

Nov 8, 2010
    near Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2010CANT02
    YouTube:
    antoineccantin
  12. sneaklyfox

sneaklyfox Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube:
    sneaklyfox
    Very cool! I remember the VAULT stuff happening. It was announced at our church. Now that I went to the link, I even recall your name as the magician for the kids' magic show! Too bad we didn't go. I think it just didn't work out with our schedule and our very young kids. Who would have thought you were also a cuber. Small world...

13. sneaklyfox

sneaklyfox Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube:
    sneaklyfox
    Ooh everyone's been on the radio. I have been on CBC Radio once too. :) What were you on radio for, Antoine?

14. antoineccantin

antoineccantin Member

Nov 8, 2010
    near Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2010CANT02
    YouTube:
    antoineccantin
    Cubing :)

15. sneaklyfox

sneaklyfox Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube:
    sneaklyfox
    But you can't watch a solve on the radio... interview?

16. Kidologist

Kidologist Member

Oct 24, 2012
    I once did magic on the radio as a joke... "I have a red silk in my hand... poof, it is now blue! And now... it has vanished! I am now levitating...." I guess you had to hear it, it was pretty funny, because I claimed to do all these amazing things, but being radio, the listener was like, "yeah, sure." Anyway, I thought it was funny. ha.

17. sneaklyfox

sneaklyfox Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2013HUNG01
    YouTube:
    sneaklyfox
    Yeah, I'm trying to imagine Antoine doing a solve on the radio. And the radio announcer says, "Well here we have a scrambled cube. Look, he's picked it up and inspecting it. Oh! He started! His fingers are moving so fast that... oh, he's done. Did you catch that?"