• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing the new online Rubik's Cube solver

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
We launched the Ruwix.com website with useful Rubik's Cube tools, such as an online timer with built-in scramble generator, and a cube solver application. The Solver is available in different sizes, optimized for mobile devices too. For every widget on the website you can find an embed code if you want to use them on your own website or blog.
Check out the solver on the following link: http://online-rubiks-cube-solver-program.ruwix.com/ on Ruwix.com
Every feedback and suggestion is welcome :)

cubernya

Premium Member
This looks really nice :)

Edit: Just hit solve, and it uses LBL. Try to program it to use Human Kociemba, it would make it a lot better

Last edited:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would be more useful if it was optimal in STM or HTMbecause 104 QTM for E2ME2M' is a bit long or 102 for M2U2M2U2. Or even solve with other speedcubing methods...

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I put in U2M2U2M2R2E2R2E2 and got a 132 move solution :p

As for the timer, IMO it really needs keyboard input (yes, even when not fullscreen) and best avg5/avg12, at a minimum.

And for the scrambler, it's a useful idea but you need to use the modern notation for bigger cubes. Look up SiGN or the WCA notation and try to use that. Also, the 3x3 should ideally use a random-state scramble (not random moves). And since you need more than 60 moves for the bigger cubes, why not just let the user enter the number in in a textbox? A dropdown seems kinda silly to me.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
THe solution for solve the z-perm is :
R U R' U R U U R' U' R U R' U R U U R' U L D R' F L B' L L F' L' B' R U' L' D L L U

You should progame in some of the standard pll algs
M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M' is much better for a z-perm

and M2 U2 M2 U2 get a 120 move solution

Last edited:

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
U F R gives this solution

F' U U B' R B F' U' F U R' U' R U' F' U F U R U' R' U B U' B' U' R' U R U' B U' B' U' R' U R F R U R' U' F' B L U L' U' B' F R U R' U' F' U' B U B' U B U U B' U U L U' R' U L' U' R R D L' B R F' R R B' R' F' L U' R' D R R U

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you for all your feedbacks, I am going to think about them.
Originally the solver was meant to be a demonstration tool for the beginners method because speedcubers won't use this program anyway. I know that the solution is far from optimal because it's using a layer by layer method solving the white face first all the time, putting the pieces in the right places in a certain order.
Back in 2007 I made a robot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLyvvMymNZ8) using the same algorithm which also calculates the solution for all the 24 possible orientations of the cube to find the shortest one. The average solution for this one was 82 steps. I tried but I couldn't use this method for the browser application, because it was not stable. The online version is using javascript and apparently browsers can't handle the large amount of calculations.

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a nice solver but the problem it that it's using flash, mobile devices don't really like it. And you have to install the adobe flash player otherwise browsers can't display it. In a couple years flash will disappear and html5 will take over its place.

Last edited: