• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introducing qqTimer!

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, I will use http://mzrg.com/qqtimer/ instead of http://www.qqtimer.net even though I thought the latter was the official one. By "dependable" scramble, I prefer "random state" instead of "old style" to avoid lucky scrambles (especially for 2x2).

Regarding number of BLD times per line -- I had 400 solves, so it was quicker to scroll through them all when there were more than one per line. I noticed it only needed to make room for 1 more character in order to list 2 per line. I was seeing
6:28.73[3:30.09],
7:53.72[4:07.00],
6:28.73[3:30.09],
7:53.72[4:07.00],
6:28.73[3:30.09], 7:53.72[4:07.00]
where the final line listed 2 solve times because the trailing comma was excluded.

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just within the past day or two, the timer at http://www.qqtimer.net started having problems. It now longer allows the timer to be started. Also, unless you manually choose "3x3 old style" then you will not get a 3x3 scramble. Should I be using something else? I want dependable scrambles and I also want blindfold mode. I would also like to alter colors and text sizes.

Also, in BLD mode, I used to get 2 solve times per line like,
6:28.73[3:30.09], 7:53.72[4:07.00],
but several months ago it started only listing one time per line.

There is no help or mechanism to report bugs to the originator. I work on MacOS.

I use Mac, and I have no problem. What browser are you using? Do you have Javascript enabled? Try different browsers, and do enable Javascript if you haven't already.

mpcuber1

Is there a way to get your Ao50 on qqtimer?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a noob, I just had to enable it in the settings. :p

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Just to give a little update, the timer now has sliding tile puzzle (3x3, 4x4, 5x5) random state scrambles, and there's an option to do a 3x3x3 with random orientation.

Could you add random orientation for LSLL/LL/PLL etc scrambles? The rotations would go before the scramble of course.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
qqTimer (http://mzrg.com/miniSites/scramblers/qqtimer.html) is a JavaScript timer I've been developing. I haven't tried to make this timer extra-pretty, just very functional - it does tons of things that most other online timers won't do, and doesn't require an account to use. I've put some effort into making it have a lot of features; here's a list:

Well, there you have it. In short, it's a highly functional timer that will run offline and that can generate more types of scrambles than anything else. At the very least, I think it's worth checking out :)
Michael, can you please make qqTimer responsive so it can be used on mobile? Thanks.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is this still the main thread? Anyway, I made some small changes: F2L scrambles on 3x3x3; when manually entering it will handle stuff like "10.39 DNF", "10.39+", "DNF(10.39)"; after selecting a scramble you don't have to click somewhere else on the page to start the timer; timer will change color properly when changing to/from night mode.

@pjk: I would, but I'm not familiar with mobile stuff and it would probably require some big changes to the user interface too. If someone knows about mobile development on the web I'd be happy to talk to them.

Reactions: pjk

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@pjk: I would, but I'm not familiar with mobile stuff and it would probably require some big changes to the user interface too. If someone knows about mobile development on the web I'd be happy to talk to them.

You can get basic usability just by adding listeners for `touchstart` and `touchend`, similar to keyboard events.

However, two caveats:
  • You probably want most of the UI (e.g. the scramble dropdowns) to respond to taps without also starting the timer. So I suggest listening to only the main display element for starting the solve, but the whole body for stopping.
  • To handle Windows touch screens (e.g. Surface), you also need to register `pointerdown` and `pointerup`.
Feel free to copy code from here.

As for the interface, that's up to you. A simple start is to stack the bottom three rows (display, times, stats) vertically instead of horizontally.