• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Interviews Section

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
This post was originally made on July 12, 2008.

On the homepage of speedsolving.com, you will now see a link in the site navigation called "Interviews". Speedsolving.com will now be posting interviews done with speedcubers from around the world.

---
Edit: 2018 - I've added the old Interviews section to the forum home and will begin posting new and updated interviews to it. You can browse through older interviews, many of which are over 10 years old.

There is a whole new generation of cubers (and many old ones), many whom we'd like to interview. So, please make some recommendations by replying to this thread. It doesn't need to be a well-known cuber, though it can be. We just want to interview interesting people who are part of our community. As part your recommendation, please suggest questions you'd like to ask (for each person you recommend) and we will try our best to get these going.

When you reply, please reply with a list of people you'd like to see interviewed, and if possible, a link to their website, YT, Speedsolving profile, or contact information otherwise so I can contact them. You can also private message me suggestions/info.

Last edited:

hawkmp4

Looks good! Its nice to see a little more about some of the people that are active here.
Just a minor thing, when I view it in FF3, in the left side navigation bar I see two links for interviews.
"» Homepage
» Interviews
» Forum
» Interviews"
being the first 4 links I see. The first Interviews is bold, but both point to the interviews page.
Tiny little thing but just thought I'd let you know.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I've just been contacting some people I've known for awhile that are pretty well known throughout the community. Do you have any suggestions of who you want interviewed?

genwin

i think the interviews section will be filled during the US Nationals and Open... i'd really want to see the WCA guys in there..

genwin

include yourself pat... there should be a group interview too... that should be entertaining....

H

hdskull

Maybe we can attach a video of them talking also, haha. Video interviews seems much more interesting since you can actually see their facial expressions, haha.

genwin

if i may add a question, maybe you can ask them about the future of cubing...

hawkmp4

Or maybe make it more like a Q&A? List who's going to be interviewed and let people submit questions, and the person being interviewed can pick a few to answer in addition to the standard interview?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I will try to get an interview up each week or so. It will also depend on how long it takes for the person being interviewed to answer the questions.

Great suggestions so far, I will start working toward them.