• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Improving memo time

U

Underwatercuber

So I want to improve my memo and I have heard of a technique called "timed memo" all over where you only give yourself an allotted amount of time to memo your cube which helps force you to memo faster. I am wondering 2 things about this.
1. Where do I start? My memo ranges from 0:50 to 1:10 where do I start?
2. What's the best way for timing the memo? Should I set a timer that goes off during memo? Or is there an alternative method?
Thanks for the help guys <3

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been meaning to try this. It would be ideal if there were a timer whose functionality included pre-setting beeps to occur at specified times. For example, I could set the timer to beep after 12 seconds and then again after another 6 seconds. Does such a timer exist? If not, anyone want to make one? (csTimer has a metronome feature, but it's not quite this.)

U

Underwatercuber

I've been meaning to try this. It would be ideal if there were a timer whose functionality included pre-setting beeps to occur at specified times. For example, I could set the timer to beep after 12 seconds and then again after another 6 seconds. Does such a timer exist? If not, anyone want to make one? (csTimer has a metronome feature, but it's not quite this.)
That would be amazing. I think I might just set a timer for let's say 55 seconds if I am going for 50 seconds and I will watch the timer until it counts down from 55 to 50 and then start the timer.