• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ideas for 2011

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
a like button purely becaus alot of the time when i read threds i see a reply that i think cant be answered any better.

an OH subforum I nkow there used to be one but i thin it would be benificial to alot of OH cubers and also would probably get more people intrested in OH

I also like that flag idea toad was talking about

this isn't facebook.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think we should have the ability to like a post, too. There's really only benefits there.
It will also be cool to get notifications if someone quotes your post. I don't like posting in a thread, then forgetting about it, and realizing my question has been answered without knowing.
The idea of having more than one avatar is cool to. Like, when you go on their profile, you can see an album of previous avatars or pictures you simply what people to see.
It will also be cool to tag people in your post. I can say, "Blank Blank got an official sub ten today at x.". They will get notified they are in a post, and the name can work as a hyper link to there profile or something.
Having a speedsolving chat too will be cool to. One that is simple to use, where you just click on your friends list, and you can chat with them, while you're browsing the forum.

hawkmp4

I think we should have the ability to like a post, too. There's really only benefits there.
It will also be cool to get notifications if someone quotes your post. I don't like posting in a thread, then forgetting about it, and realizing my question has been answered without knowing.
The idea of having more than one avatar is cool to. Like, when you go on their profile, you can see an album of previous avatars or pictures you simply what people to see.
It will also be cool to tag people in your post. I can say, "Blank Blank got an official sub ten today at x.". They will get notified they are in a post, and the name can work as a hyper link to there profile or something.
Having a speedsolving chat too will be cool to. One that is simple to use, where you just click on your friends list, and you can chat with them, while you're browsing the forum.
this isn't facebook.
Seriously. Just add people on Facebook.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There should also be some sort of shoutout box kinda thing on the side. Like, on cubing usa, they sometimes have a little box. People can just post whatever's on there mind while there on the forum. We should call it a "wall", but you can write on it.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Method sub forums are a bad idea. PJK knows what hes doing, theres a reason its not like that.
In fact he talks about it in one of the podcast episodes.

Split up a forum to much, and it dies.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Serious suggestion: When someone bumps old threads, can it's still an interesting topic and I want to post, I often don't remember if I've already done so a long time ago. This is annoying when the thread has many pages, and I have to look through each one just to see if I've posted in it. Is there already a way to prevent this and if not, can you?

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some sort of "fine my posts in this thread" button would actually be useful on many levels I think.

Looks like, unsurprisingly, someone's made a plugin to do that already...

Rune

Premium Member
WCA
2003WESS01
Serious suggestion: When someone bumps old threads, can it's still an interesting topic and I want to post, I often don't remember if I've already done so a long time ago. This is annoying when the thread has many pages, and I have to look through each one just to see if I've posted in it. Is there already a way to prevent this and if not, can you?

Use the search funktion (on this forum)! Go in with your user name and look for posts, where it is to be found.

Hodari

Currently there is a button to jump to the last post in a thread. Could this be replaced by(or have it added in addition) one to jump to the first unread post instead(ie first post added after the last time you viewed the thread) ?
Also maybe an easy way to list all threads you have posted in(if this doesn't exist already) ?

Andrew Ricci

Anonymity is for Nubs
WCA
2010RICC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Currently there is a button to jump to the last post in a thread. Could this be replaced by(or have it added in addition) one to jump to the first unread post instead(ie first post added after the last time you viewed the thread) ?
Also maybe an easy way to list all threads you have posted in(if this doesn't exist already) ?

The button jumps to the first unread post.