• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I will mod your Shengshou 4x4s and 5x5s

YouTube
Visit Channel
I will florian modd peoples cubes for them pm me if you want your 4x4 or 5x5 shengshou florian modded and we will work out a price.

Last edited:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
More importantly... videos of the final performance.

To be honest, videos mean nothing. You cant really tell how the cube feels through video and you cant know if you like it until you try it. Pictures of the quality of the mod would help because a well modded cube is a well modded cube whether it feels good or not in your opinion. I have a pretty much perfectly modded SS v5, yet it can lock up at the wrong tensions. I think a good way to prove that the mod works is by doing a big average of solves and compare the std. deviations, but even then it's still hard to prove that the improvement happened due to the mod.

I have a spare modded 4x4 but I cant sell it because I know no one is willing to pay what I'd ask for it. Assuming that you base your price on an hourly wage it will always cost a lot, Florian + Konsta mod takes quite a while to do even with a rotary tool. I've done it 4 times so I have a rough idea on how it works.

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
To be honest, videos mean nothing. You cant really tell how the cube feels through video and you cant know if you like it until you try it. Pictures of the quality of the mod would help because a well modded cube is a well modded cube whether it feels good or not in your opinion. I have a pretty much perfectly modded SS v5, yet it can lock up at the wrong tensions. I think a good way to prove that the mod works is by doing a big average of solves and compare the std. deviations, but even then it's still hard to prove that the improvement happened due to the mod.

I have a spare modded 4x4 but I cant sell it because I know no one is willing to pay what I'd ask for it. Assuming that you base your price on an hourly wage it will always cost a lot, Florian + Konsta mod takes quite a while to do even with a rotary tool. I've done it 4 times so I have a rough idea on how it works.

That is absolutely false. Of course to an extent you can't know exactly what it feels like through video, but you get a very good idea.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That is absolutely false. Of course to an extent you can't know exactly what it feels like through video, but you get a very good idea.

I have 2 modded 4x4s and on video they would look exactly the same. If you saw me solving you wouldnt know which one is the better one. The mod helps with the performance, but mostly it changes how the cube feels. It makes the turning more 3x3 -like, helps with lock ups. The florian mod is barely necessary on a SS v4-v5 and konsta mod just helps with inner layer lock ups.

I'm pretty sure someone would prefer my other modded SS 4x4 to the one I prefer, because the feel is different.

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have 2 modded 4x4s and on video they would look exactly the same. If you saw me solving you wouldnt know which one is the better one. The mod helps with the performance, but mostly it changes how the cube feels. It makes the turning more 3x3 -like, helps with lock ups. The florian mod is barely necessary on a SS v4-v5 and konsta mod just helps with inner layer lock ups.

I'm pretty sure someone would prefer my other modded SS 4x4 to the one I prefer, because the feel is different.

Still pretty sure I'd rather see a video of it instead of just a few pictures before I send the guy ££££'s for doing it :s

Mahesh Menon

I will florian modd peoples cubes for you pm me if you want your 4x4 or 5x5 shengshou florian modded and we will work out a price.
Sending our cubes to you will be through mail (courier) right? What is we dont get them back :p

Last edited: