• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I need Help.

Shatook

I can solve the rubik's cube layer by layer starting with the white cross and so on. My current average is 1 minute 17 seconds. I have been practicing for about 1 year. I would like to get into speed cubing. There are so many websites for the speed cubing and they are lengthy, and confusing. I need a simple website where I can learn all of the terms such as f2l or something like that. I just need a good website to learn a different method. Any help would be nice.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
You've come to the right place ;-)

For terms check out the wiki
To mprove your beginners methid I'd reccommend checking out Badmephisto's website and youtube channel.
Start with the video called "how to become a speedcuber"

And please keep in mind that there are more interesting method than the ones starting with the cross...

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
w220206305.gif

sauso

WCA
2011LEON02
there is no quick way to become a speed cuber. start by learning F2L. Badmephisto's videos are the best in my opinion. Your times will get worse but better in time. Then learn a 2 look OLL/PLL. so far i'm averaging about 35 seconds and still got 4 plls to go.

Practise make perfect.

MoRpHiiNe

YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha nice b4p, and I agree, this is going to get flamed to hell! Cause you should have searched for posts or posted this question in the one question answer thread...

But on topic, you should definitely utilize Youtube. Video's are in my opinion the second best way to learn something, second only to learning it from someone in real life... Other than that reading posts and other topics like this on this site are a huge help... You'll find most questions you want to ask have already been answered on this site, so all you have to do is search :). Good luck for the future in cubing, if you want to pursue I'm sure we'll chat more :).

Shatook

I didn't realize that I posted it in the one answer thread. Sorry new to the site.

shaun413

I agree, use Badmephistos videos. and try and learn f2l and 2look oll and pll. it will help alot.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought the flame war warning was cause of cubenovices comment on methods :)

But yeah, BadMephistos site is great. As you get more comfortable with your style later on dont be afraid to check out the alg database in the wiki for algs that fit your fingertricks better.