• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I Made a Pyraminx from Paper

Vananas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there!

I made a Pyraminx from paper as part of a school project.
It took me about 25 hours to build it but as far as I know, I am the only Person who ever did this
(At least I am the first one, who published it).
I tried to break down the mechanism to the absolute necassary, while the turning quality shouldn't be too bad. If you'd like further information, I could also make a big post in which I would explain everything in detail!
In this video I am showing how the Puzzle turns and I am giving a short summary of the building prozess:

Vananas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Brilliant thanks. Have you seen Olivér's Paperminx?
Wow that is awesome. I don't think I'd be patient enough to fold that many pieces!

Even if I made it as part of a school project, I did not have to do so. In germany we have to make three presentations in a period of two years to get our high school diploma ( idk if this is the right term to describe it? ). Each of these will be evaluated and counts as much as an exam in the particular subject were making it for. We can choose freely in which subject we want to make these presentations.
In my case, I chose to make it for my arts class. The plan was to do something different than the others, so it wouldn't get boring for both the teacher and the other students.
In fact, I already built puzzles from paper before, which you can see on my instagram Account: "stuff_from_cardboard".

mod it, lube it, better than all pyraminxes
I only have one real Pyraminx, so technically it's my back-up main :D

Why not? If school was the motivation he needed, then so be it. It's still a creative and impressive project that few people have done.
I love your videos! Keep up the good work :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PyraMaster

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey there!

It took me about 25 hours to build it but as far as I know, I am the only Person who ever did this
I tried to break down the mechanism to the absolute necassary, while the turning quality shouldn't be too bad. If you'd like further information, I could also make a big post in which I would explain everything in detail!
In this video I am showing how the Puzzle turns and I am giving a short summary of the building prozess:

Nice!!

Why did you decide to do it?

Hero

Hey there!

Well done! What's ur PB with it? :)

Vananas

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've thought about making a papercraft one but I stink at making templates. I tried to make a 3x3 but the computer I was using stopped working so I lost all the templates:(:(:(
This may sound like advertising but it is not meant to:
If you look at my Instagram page stuff_from_cardboard you will find a 3x3 I made out of paper and cardboard. There is of course also a close up look of the mechanism. To build this cube I started with making little cubes, from which I then cut of an edge or a corner. To finish the pieces I glued triangles or rectangles on the cut-off parts, depending on what pieces I was building.
This way the build was really easy and I didn't need any templates :)