• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hypercube Labs - The Cubing of the Future

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hypercube Labs is a cubing company that produces coated cubes, including Old Plastic Dayan, Boron, and our signature HyperCoats. We coat cubes in small batches and specially customize them for the customer.

We were originally founded in January 2018 by Isaac Cheng (casi) and Jae Min Ahn (Galcor117). Beginning as a forum-based company working off of the forums, we quickly put up a website to handle the number of orders we were receiving. Originally making only boron cubes, when Jae left the company in summer 2018, we expanded into polymer coating and released our version of the famous Old Plastic Dayan coating.

DSC_0396.jpgDSC_0394.jpgDSC_0347.jpg
From top - DayanCoated GAN 356 X, DayanCoated GAN 356 X (spread), Boron Valk 3 (spread)

We are currently in the process of developing a new website. Watch this thread for updates.

Instagram: instagram.com/hypercubelabs/

Hazel

Premium Member
With so few Old Plastic Dayan cubes still out there, how are you still getting a supply? They sure won't last long...

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
Woah, this looks absolutely incredible! I may have to get one at some point. How much would it cost for an MF3RS3M HyperCoat. Just wondering.
$29.99, plus shipping.

With so few Old Plastic Dayan cubes still out there, how are you still getting a supply? They sure won't last long...

Surprisingly, I don't go through them that fast. I'm still on my second tiny piece, and I've been selling these since the fall.

Do you ship to Australia?
We ship everywhere in the world (except maybe North Korea), but shipping prices change based on country. We are based in the US.

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
So there's no possibility of that happening.

With our polymer coated cubes, what you have is essentially just normal cube plastic, but the feet have a very thin transplant of plastic from a different cube. Because ABS plastic, which is used in cubes, does not have any skin issues, neither do our cubes.

With boron coated cubes, it's the same process but with a boron compound. We've thoroughly researched this compound and it does not cause any skin issues.

The chemicals we use to transfer the plastic are actually household materials, and have also been specifically chosen to evaporate extremely quickly after the treatment process. To play it even safer, we allow the dissassembled cube to thoroughly dry after treatment. So there is no trace whatsoever of any of the chemicals left, and the chemicals themselves are not irritating.

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
Coating a puzzle gives it the feel of the puzzle that the coating comes from, while still maintaining the mechanism of the puzzle being coated. And it does not wear off, because the coating plastic is chemically fused to the puzzle being coated. It wears down at the same rate a normal puzzle would.

camcuber

WCA
2008BROW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So there's no possibility of that happening.

With our polymer coated cubes, what you have is essentially just normal cube plastic, but the feet have a very thin transplant of plastic from a different cube. Because ABS plastic, which is used in cubes, does not have any skin issues, neither do our cubes.

With boron coated cubes, it's the same process but with a boron compound. We've thoroughly researched this compound and it does not cause any skin issues.

The chemicals we use to transfer the plastic are actually household materials, and have also been specifically chosen to evaporate extremely quickly after the treatment process. To play it even safer, we allow the dissassembled cube to thoroughly dry after treatment. So there is no trace whatsoever of any of the chemicals left, and the chemicals themselves are not irritating.

Happy to hear that. I know that there are a handful of people in the cubing community who start to mess with chemicals which can be a bit scary.

NewoMinx

WCA
2016CHES01
Hypercube Labs is a cubing company that produces coated cubes, including Old Plastic Dayan, Boron, and our signature HyperCoats. We coat cubes in small batches and specially customize them for the customer.

We were originally founded in January 2018 by Isaac Cheng (casi) and Jae Min Ahn (Galcor117). Beginning as a forum-based company working off of the forums, we quickly put up a website to handle the number of orders we were receiving. Originally making only boron cubes, when Jae left the company in summer 2018, we expanded into polymer coating and released our version of the famous Old Plastic Dayan coating.

View attachment 10231View attachment 10232View attachment 10233
From top - DayanCoated GAN 356 X, DayanCoated GAN 356 X (spread), Boron Valk 3 (spread)

We are currently in the process of developing a new website. Watch this thread for updates.

Instagram: instagram.com/hypercubelabs/
Would you be able to extend this into other puzzles like 4x4s and 2x2s?

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
We have been testing on 2x2's and the process would need significant alteration to be able to handle those.

Duncan Bannon

Saw this thread is picking up some attention. I got a Huanglong (or the newest Yuxin flagship) that was coated probably like 6+ months ago. It is still going strong and I love it. Broke my in comp PB with it yesterday! Only thing I have done since getting it was add some very small amounts of lube to slow it down slightly. It is a very fast cube after break in.

Strongly recommend!