• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Huge qqTimer Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aronpm

I'm not sure how well this would run, but what about just swapping space to left click? (Android)
Also making all calculations wait until you press calculate, such as average of 5, etc, to save on RAM.
If you were really interested you could download an android simulator for testing, but in the end, it has no benefit for you, so it wouldn't be a very ec
exciting project, or one which would receive updates.
Aron? You have an Android phone... :p
I don't think the statistics are a RAM issue unless you don't have like 15KB of RAM to store the time/scramble/etc arrays (random-state 3x3/sq1 obviously wouldn't be included in a mobile release because it doesn't work. People have already tested Mark2 on mobile). The only thing is processing. The stats are only calculated once per solve, and to be honest it's not a lot of 'work', so there's no 'issue' that wouldn't exist already in jjtimer or justintime (or iOS apps like iitimer).

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[I hate the 'new' qqtimer]
The damn timer never starts.
If you're using Firefox 9, this should be fixed now.

I cant do wca inspection anymore
Still works for me, what happens for you?

and all the functions are switched.
What do you mean? If you're talking about the statistics, I changed it to make it more clear what was going on, and I'm sure you could get used to the change very quickly.

You have an iPhone though so you can test if it you really want to. All it needs to work as a mobile version is an area that responds to touch. You can even just test it with a mouse! I had at one point made the timing <td> respond to onmousedown() and onmouseup() which worked sort of ok for mobile devices, but you may have another idea for implementing it.
Hm, is that the main thing that would need to be changed? I was thinking in terms of a standalone app, but having an online version would work too. Anyway, I could make the time area into a big button that would start/stop the timer when clicked - that would probably work without changing the behavior of the other clickable things.

I solve with Stackmat, so I enter in my times manually. Would it be possible to change it back to saving my preferences for entering in times?
Thanks.
Oh, I see what you mean. Should be fixed now.

And yeah, statistics shouldn't be a problem the way they are now, since the more complicated scramblers take much more time and storage space. If you're really worried about memory, though, you could always try the minimal-ish version which doesn't use the space/time intensive 3x3 and square-1 scramblers.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
I really like the new qqtimer, the 'import time' function is most useful. But how do you download the 5 files in the first post to run it offline? I'm a complete noob when it comes to these stuff. And when I first open the new qqtimer, nothing happens when I press space, but I eventually got it to work after refreshing to page (I'm using IE). Oh, and btw, is it possible to set the 4x4 scrambles to the WCA notation by default? It's just troublesome to have to change the scramble type everytime I use the timer. Same goes for 5x5-7x7. Thanks qq for this update!

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a small update, adding/modifying 3x3x4-3x3x7 scramblers and adding in 8x8x8, 9x9x9, and 11x11x11 scramblers (just in case!). Also, I pretty much rewrote the help file (megadoc.html) to take into account all the new scramblers and some of the new features.

WCA inspection does not work in the minimal version, for me.
It seems to work for me - can you provide the browser you're using and what part of it is broken?

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Problem,

So I always use inverted colors. But since that was taken away, I have to do it manually, which is not a problem. Also, I always use it to enter times manually. Now, I make the background back, and the text white. Now the links are still dark blue, which doesn't look good, and I like it cyan, like the old one. So I make them cyan (note that I'm on the import times manually setting). Then I start putting in times, and it's working fine.

However, whenever I clear my session (reset), it goes back to timing with the spacebar, instead of importing them. So I open up the options, make it import manual, and then it goes back to that, but the "enter" is now dark blue. To fix this, I have to change the link color to a random color, the back to cyan for the "enter" to be the same as all the others. I have to do this a lot and it's annoying.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
However, whenever I clear my session (reset), it goes back to timing with the spacebar, instead of importing them.
Aha. This should be fixed now.

the "enter" is now dark blue.
Oh, looks like it wasn't getting the right link color when it made that link. Should be fixed now.

Chrome 17.0.963.33 beta-m
Hm, a beta version newer than the official updated one. I don't like to install those because sometimes they have weird bugs that break stuff that ought to work. Would you be willing to poke around in the JavaScript console and see if any errors pop up?

^Don't worry about the "enter" being dark blue. It goes away after one solve.

mzrg.com/qqtimer still not working for me, using qqtimer.net.
That's weird, because they've been using the same HTML file for a while now...

Status
Not open for further replies.