• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Huge qqTimer Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
hrkkyc.jpg

Edit-Upon refresh.
30lowzq.gif

wheres the scrambles of your average of 3?

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
honestly I hate this new update. Not to be a hater, but what I loved most about the older qq timer was that your can just press F5 and you can do a new avg.
Now I have to actually grab my mouse and click reset. I dont like doing avg of 12 so I often reset the timer and its annoying how I need to keep alternating between mouse and keyboard.
Is there anyway to go back?

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
honestly I hate this new update. Not to be a hater, but what I loved most about the older qq timer was that your can just press F5 and you can do a new avg.
Now I have to actually grab my mouse and click reset. I dont like doing avg of 12 so I often reset the timer and its annoying how I need to keep alternating between mouse and keyboard.
Is there anyway to go back?
http://www.speedsolving.com/timer/qqtimer.htm

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
Specs112 said:
But that won't last... won't they change the SS version over to the new one eventually?
Not a clue. Honestly I don't understand why you would want to use the old one over the new one, just showing where you could still find it.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
qqTimer + FF9.0.1 = total fail, nothing happens when you press space.
Firefox has a (hilarious) bug :p

qqwref: to fix it ^ just do
Code:
window.onkeydown = function(event) {checkKey(event.keyCode); };
window.onkeyup = function(event) {startTimer(event.keyCode); };

Instead of:
Code:
<body onkeyup="startTimer(event.keyCode);" onkeydown="checkKey(event.keyCode);"

otsyke

i noticed the firefox 9 bug in the mid-november beta (and pointed out). A lot of web timers are affected.

Waiting the fix, as a workaround, you can focus one of the textboxes in the timer options and then use the space key normally.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Firefox automatically upgraded me to version 9 >.< So I fixed the FF9 bug.

Also, I changed "suboptimal random state" to just "random state" everywhere, because of this discussion.

This was probably asked manymany times, but is it possible to make this timer usable on mobile device(Android)? It's very good, but it's almost impossible to run and stop timer.
Unfortunately, I don't have an Android, or the development software/account. So it probably won't happen unless someone else does it (or buys me the stuff I'd need).

It would be so awesome and convenient if eventually you could save times for each specific puzzle.
That would be interesting, but I'd have to think about how that would actually work and whether it'd be reasonable... I don't want to use too much space, and there are issues with what exactly counts as a different puzzle (for instance, new and old style 3x3 shouldn't, but <R,U> and <F,R,U> should...). So I'll consider it, but it mgiht not happen.

samchoochiu

WCA
2010CHIU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[I hate the 'new' qqtimer]
The damn timer never starts. I cant do wca inspection anymore and all the functions are switched. I demand you to change it back.

It went from my FAVORITE timer to the worst timer ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately, I don't have an Android, or the development software/account. So it probably won't happen unless someone else does it (or buys me the stuff I'd need).

You have an iPhone though so you can test if it you really want to. All it needs to work as a mobile version is an area that responds to touch. You can even just test it with a mouse! I had at one point made the timing <td> respond to onmousedown() and onmouseup() which worked sort of ok for mobile devices, but you may have another idea for implementing it.

You can see a variation here. I added another row to the main table so that I could use my trackpad for start stop when i wasn't using an external keyboard.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
I'm not sure how well this would run, but what about just swapping space to left click? (Android)
Also making all calculations wait until you press calculate, such as average of 5, etc, to save on RAM.
If you were really interested you could download an android simulator for testing, but in the end, it has no benefit for you, so it wouldn't be a very ec
exciting project, or one which would receive updates.
Aron? You have an Android phone... :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.