1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

[Help Thread] How to Use Your Inspection Time?

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by kevasian, Aug 8, 2018 at 5:35 PM.

1. kevasian

kevasian Member

Wednesday
    can someone explain how to use inspection time properly do you guys plan out the cross and first f2l pair by remembering 8 moves and see what they do to the pair or do you remember them by order of colour of edge you are doing because i find it difficult to remember 8 moves everytime

2. emps

emps Member

Jun 11, 2018
    what we do is plan first cross during inspection and at the beginning, mostly just track a corner or an edge.you only pay attention to the moves that move around the corner/edge. normally we find the easiest pair to track, usually the ones that are affected the least by the cross being built. we recognize the case, but not the exact solution. personally i plan cross, track the pieces then let muscle memory handle 1st pair while looking around for pieces. hope this helped!

kevasian likes this.
  3. shadowslice e

shadowslice e Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    YouTube:
    Shadowslice
    The trick is not to try to remember the moves but rather to try and work out how you want to move each piece.

When fast solvers plan they don't plan "R U F U R..." they think "oh I'll move this piece here which brings this one over there so then I can do this piece" and go with that plan.

kevasian, LightFlame_ and emps like this.
  4. kevasian

kevasian Member

Wednesday
    thanks alot

thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2018 at 1:13 PM