• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] How to do M moves like a pro

Marvin

I agree. The Fangshi V2's M slices are the best I've seen. They destroy the Zhanchi. I'm not sure if you can say that M slices corner cut, but if they do, then the Fangshi M slices corner cut perfectly.

Definitely agree that the fangshi's M slices are incredible. And I feel like my AoLong Ms are better than the zhanchi's as well. Unfortunately I still rank both the Aolong and zhanchi above the fangshi :(

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Shuangren 2 M slice is better than Aolong.
Another thing about this for the people who like 55mm cubes (like me): the slices on the mini ShuangRen are the same size as slices on standard 57mm cubes, whereas on the mini AoLong the slices are smaller and harder to use. Personally, I prefer to use my ShuangRen for Roux and my AoLong for CFOP.

RennuR

Okay I have a question, I am a new cuber and I am working on my m-slices, because I want to use the <M,U> algs for my U-perms. For some reason I guess I have always done my M' and M2 with my right ring finger, and I also do my U turn with my right index finger, I know its awkward so how should I change it? If I try to do it with my left hand, I do my M' with my left middle finger??? My left ring finger gets caught on the left face, and Its really weird.

And when I do the M' flick with my right ring finger, my grip is thumb on FR, index on BL.(sometimes my middle is on BL as well, with my index hanging out for the U flick that I shouldnt be doing with the same hand)

When I do the M' flick with my left middle finger, I have my thumb on FL, and then my index finger on BR/BRU/BRD usually on the lines of either.

Should I just keep practicing making my Left m-flick with my ring finger? Because according to the M U slice algorithms, etc. I should be doing it ring finger both sides, and then flicking U layer with oppoiste hands... Any tips guys?

WCA
2013BARK01
Okay I have a question, I am a new cuber and I am working on my m-slices, because I want to use the <M,U> algs for my U-perms. For some reason I guess I have always done my M' and M2 with my right ring finger, and I also do my U turn with my right index finger, I know its awkward so how should I change it? If I try to do it with my left hand, I do my M' with my left middle finger??? My left ring finger gets caught on the left face, and Its really weird.

And when I do the M' flick with my right ring finger, my grip is thumb on FR, index on BL.(sometimes my middle is on BL as well, with my index hanging out for the U flick that I shouldnt be doing with the same hand)

When I do the M' flick with my left middle finger, I have my thumb on FL, and then my index finger on BR/BRU/BRD usually on the lines of either.

Should I just keep practicing making my Left m-flick with my ring finger? Because according to the M U slice algorithms, etc. I should be doing it ring finger both sides, and then flicking U layer with oppoiste hands... Any tips guys?

I don't use the MU U perms but if I did I think I would use these algs:

M2' U' M U2' M' U' M2' (Cw, bar in back)
M2' U M U2' M' U M2' (Ccw, bar in back)

To execute them I use these fingertricks:

M2': Right ring finger then middle finger
U': Left index finger flick
M: Right ring finger pull
U2': Left index finger then middle finger
M': Right ring finger flick
U: Left index finger pull

RennuR

I don't use the MU U perms but if I did I think I would use these algs:

M2' U' M U2' M' U' M2' (Cw, bar in back)
M2' U M U2' M' U M2' (Ccw, bar in back)

To execute them I use these fingertricks:

M2': Right ring finger then middle finger
U': Left index finger flick
M: Right ring finger pull
U2': Left index finger then middle finger
M': Right ring finger flick
U: Left index finger pull

So you push the U layer with your left index finger, from like BRU to BLU? Is that awkward and slow? Just wondering

I always do my U layer with my right finger, like U turn is also with my right, as well as U2, is that bad?

WCA
2013BARK01
So you push the U layer with your left index finger, from like BRU to BLU? Is that awkward and slow? Just wondering

I always do my U layer with my right finger, like U turn is also with my right, as well as U2, is that bad?
from FLU to LBU

That isn't bad in general, but it's inefficient if you are doing M moves with your right hand because you have to regrip after every move.

RennuR

from FLU to LBU

That isn't bad in general, but it's inefficient if you are doing M moves with your right hand because you have to regrip after every move.

Alright. I will try that, I guess I will also force myself to use my left ring finger when Im doing M' and U moves

And I will practice M moves with my right ring finger, and doing U moves with L I guess

Thanks man