• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to stop the fluctuations?

I have a little bit of a problem and I need a bit of help with. For most solves that I do that have nice F2L pairs I can easily average around 21 to 25 s. When I have the ugly and hard to look ahead ones where all the edges and corners and so far away then I get like 28 to 30s solves. HOW TO STOP THIS?

efattah

My own LMCF solves vary dramatically (10 seconds on good solves, 22 seconds on terrible ones), the difference is what I call 'lookahead failure.' The idea is that if at any point in the solve I lose track of the pieces I need, this creates a lookahead failure which in turn causes a huge pause, and often I seem to never recover the 'flow' of lookahead after that, creating strings of errors for the rest of the solve. Practice helps, but tons of slow solves (while practicing lookahead) works best, gradually speeding back up to full TPS over time.

My own LMCF solves vary dramatically (10 seconds on good solves, 22 seconds on terrible ones), the difference is what I call 'lookahead failure.' The idea is that if at any point in the solve I lose track of the pieces I need, this creates a lookahead failure which in turn causes a huge pause, and often I seem to never recover the 'flow' of lookahead after that, creating strings of errors for the rest of the solve. Practice helps, but tons of slow solves (while practicing lookahead) works best, gradually speeding back up to full TPS over time.
Lol the only useful info so far. Thanks!